Corals and aquascaping

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created my aquascape then afterwards I’m trying to decide if it’s going to give me the space needed to place a variety of corals.
I see gorgeous tanks loaded with corals and always wonder how they all fit and not end up causing issues with each other.
How do you deal with corals that want to overtake a tank aside from placing on an island away from others.
I’m attaching my 90 gallon aquarium and asking for suggestions on coral placement.
I’m planning on mostly soft and lps but eventually want to add sps.
I’m wanting a zoa garden, mushroom, and acan gardens, I’m planning on a few hammer, torch and frogspawn, a leather or two, Duncan’s, Cyphastrea. I already have pulsating Xenia and plan to add but not sure where ‍♀️ I’d love to add some goniapora (I’ve not had success in the past, same with an elegance coral I’d love one put in but leery of it.
that’s a start to what I’m planning, I’m wide open to input and suggestions
81968B27-71D4-4A17-BCF0-F4A1343F2A58.jpeg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to go to tidal gardens and reef builders to get info on how to place the corals. I love the aquascape. You can always add some Tonga branches later if you decide you need some more rock space.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have some Tonga branches that I’m trying to decide where to place them and what corals to mount on them

Maybe keep a few in the sump. As the corals grow out, you will have some ready to add to the scape based on the directions the corals are going.

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe keep a few in the sump. As the corals grow out, you will have some ready to add to the scape based on the directions the corals are going.
I was thinking it would be neat to put green star polyp, cyphastria or another fast growing encrusting type coral on the branches and place against or close to back wall

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back