Corals Haul ID

Saleh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

New to the hobby and I have had my Red Sea Nano Max cycling for near a month now and finally my ammonia is reaches zero within 24hrs after adding pure ammonia to reach 2ppm.

Where I live it's difficult to get corals (or any saltwater creatures for that matter). Someone locally made an ad that he is dismantling his tank and was selling all what he has. So I saw he had a rock with Zoa and what seemed like GSP. I thought those were both entry level hardy corals and could probably endure the mistakes of a newbie. I got to meet the guy and got the rock but he give me 6 other corals as well no strings attached to check if I liked them and pay him whatever later since he is anyway looking to find them a new home. So I came back home with a big haul. Now, after the first night, all corals have opened up but I have no idea what most of them are and I need help identifying them. I don't want anything that will die on me or cause the tank to crash because it will consume elements. My intentions were to keep softies and LPS (no SPS yet) with 3 fish max.

Currently, these new corals are the only visible inhibitants and here they are (numbered):
20210416_162242.jpg

This one has a very clear skeleton with a mouth(?) in the middle. These inverted drops deflate and inflate.

20210416_162250.jpg

My least favorite one. It is very rough in shape.

20210416_162304.jpg

I suspect mushrooms? I am happy with the living rock more than the coral to be honest ;Joyful

20210416_162307.jpg

This is the one I suspected as GSP (Zoa's neighbor) from the initial ad but when it fully opened I am positive it isn't and it definitely not Xenia either but I like them.

20210416_162311.jpg

This also looks rough with very clear exposed skeleton. However, 2 of the 4 heads fully extend and cover the skeleton during the day. the two other heads extend but don't cover the entire plate.

20210416_162320.jpg

While looks like #4, it's not like it in that it full retracts into the rock without apparent holes in them. #4 has a soft body.

20210416_162326.jpg

20210416_162333.jpg

This is the most peculiar one. The polyps retract into individual tubes with the tip showing them once they are fully retracted. When they extend, it's barely outside the tube.

I am using standard Nano MAX equipment.

Params as of today:
Ammonia: 0 (Salifert)
Nitrite: ~2 (Salifert)
Nitrate: 50 (Salifert)
Alkalinity: 8.9 (Hanna)
Phosphate: 0.15 (Hanna)

Thanks and any other advice are welcome.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Plate coral
2. Leptospirosis
3. Mushrooms
4. Green star polyps
5. ?
6. green star polyps
7. Acan
8. Pipe organ

OP
OP
S

Saleh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

Would those be demanding for calcium? Or is my weekly water change of 20% be enough?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back