Corals just arent right. Not thriving like before. Pics included**

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, hopefully someone comes in that can tell me what stray voltage should be in a aquarium.

I will take a stab and say 0 volts is best. I use a grounding probe since fish have a lateral line that is sensitive to voltage. It cost very little to ground a tank with a grounded probe. Send me a PM and I will send you one free. I have a partial case left over from my resale days.

OP
OP
Reef_a_holiks

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys coming back to update this thread. Ive been trying everything these past few months and nothing is helping , things have actually gotten alot worse. Corals have now stopped growing and barely opening, lost alot of color, some of my sps seemed bleached and some have started to recede. im just at a all time lost, been in this hobby for several years and have never ran into such a thing. il post up pics soon

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys coming back to update this thread. Ive been trying everything these past few months and nothing is helping , things have actually gotten alot worse. Corals have now stopped growing and barely opening, lost alot of color, some of my sps seemed bleached and some have started to recede. im just at a all time lost, been in this hobby for several years and have never ran into such a thing. il post up pics soon
Have you ever gotten your phosphates up? Your Triton test looks to have confirmed you are phosphate deficient.

OP
OP
Reef_a_holiks

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever gotten your phosphates up? Your Triton test looks to have confirmed you are phosphate deficient.
Yes ive brought them up a little by feeding corals more often and completely shutting off my skimmer and no improvement

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you used silicone for any reason? Repairs to your sump or something. Wrong silicone with fungicide or mold inhibitors will do the same thing to corals.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Really bud? Still? Yea were gunna need to narrow it down. First lets hear parameters and maintenance. The some photos

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issues nothing looked good, growth was at a standstill. Not saying this will work for you but i raised my t5s slightly higher (i also have a 57 gallon) i run a 6 bulb ati and reef brights. Then i went back to kiss. I was running aqua forest. I switched to reef crystals gasp. I also slightly upped my flow. And slightly lowered my salinty (1.026 to 1.024) Honestly i am not sure which of my changes did it but i have never been happier with my tank.

OP
OP
Reef_a_holiks

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really bud? Still? Yea were gunna need to narrow it down. First lets hear parameters and maintenance. The some photos
yup still and getting worse go back to the begging of the thread if you want to see how this all started. Ive tried narrowing it down and everything just seems fine. Most recent water test was yesterday. results were:
Ph 8.2
Alk 8.6
Cal 440
Nitrates 0 (api test kit)
Ran out of Phosphate test ordering more soon.
Mag 1370
temp 76F
Salinity 1.025

Maintenance is simple , bi weekly 15 gallon water changes, clean out filter socks about every 4 days. Skimmer cup gets cleaned once a week. I dose 2 part ESV bionic every other day . Corals fed twice a week , fish fed every other day.

I purchased a new reef breeders led fixture thinking maybe it was my really old orphek light giving a bad spectrum. I am also currently doing the fluconazole treatment to help with some minor bryopsis.,

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had the same issues nothing looked good, growth was at a standstill. Not saying this will work for you but i raised my t5s slightly higher (i also have a 57 gallon) i run a 6 bulb ati and reef brights. Then i went back to kiss. I was running aqua forest. I switched to reef crystals gasp. I also slightly upped my flow. And slightly lowered my salinty (1.026 to 1.024) Honestly i am not sure which of my changes did it but i have never been happier with my tank.
VERY interesting. Because once i moved my fixture about 4 inches higher, everything started to resume growing withen days

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats fine? I think generally leds are higher than what they display. Heres how high mine are. My sps are around 250 my lps around 150.and i try and shade my mushrooms

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic
b42659b19642bc00c40703749dcebb5c.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back