Corals keep dying... What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
brilovescats

brilovescats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at long last, my Triton results have arrived. Other than LOW phosphate (ha!), everything else seems unremarkable. Bear in mind that these test results were from almost two months ago now. Since this test, the Algae is 100% gone, and the corals are thriving (to the point that I have a colony that I broke a bunch of pieces off by accident and I now have 5 frags that are now *too many*). You guys all saved my tank, and it looks like literally the only thing that was wrong was the Algae. Triton test was kind of a "waste" of money, in that it took them two months to get me my results, so I can't really do anything with them, but it does give me peace of mind that I was doing everything right. I'm in healthcare, so I understand that things like this - it's a diagnosis of exclusion: when the rest of the tests are fine, then we are only left with one cause.

Attachments

• Triton Test.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 188

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months? Whow! That is long, here we have the results in 7 days tops! But it cost more. At least you can discard metal poisoning
Glad to read things are better now

Shahi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 65 gallon tank, had it 1 hand half year. Been trying to put corals in for 6 month now, I have tried all bigger corals and every single one has died within few days. Lot of them didn’t even open and just melted away.
I change my water biweekly 20%, all the other tests r good. Mg 1400, DKH 11, CA 400. What am I doing wrong.. plz help

Eaglei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. Slowly, dirty up your water, with a little food here and there.

vivek48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - been running my tank for about a year and a half now:
75 gal with 40 gal refugium, Curve 5 skimmer, Zeolite, Carbon and GFO in 3 reactors, RO/DI water, 10% water change weekly, Aquaforest Bio S Pro,-NP.
Parameters:
1.025 pH 8.2 at 25.5C
Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite 0 (Seneye too)
Phosphate 0
Cal 450 Mg 1275 9 dKH

Only thing that will stay alive is Ricordia; everything else always dies either in 1 day to 1 week after drip acclimation.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Why do my corals - SPS/LPS/Zoa/Soft all die? I'm getting so frustrated. :(
im having the same proboem have you figured this out yet?

vivek48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey have you guys figured out what the issue can be i see this is a very old post but i have the same problem im doing everything right when i had a smaller tank i had no issues but my corals dont even last one day in my tank like 3 hours max and its dead.

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop using the reactors.. check for stray voltage, use a light schedule someone else is using and having success, feed the tank more, I run chaeto in my sump and skimmer I feed my tank heavy, tank needs nutrients, water quality and light are big factors

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back