Corals recommendation

Bryancalderon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for a beginner, what type of corals do you recommend to start, so far the corals that I have caught attention are some montiporas, bird nest, toadstool mushrooms and lavender coral.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank and what lighting do you have? First step is to determine what types of corals your lighting can support.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does
With that light, it only hits on average 50 par maxing out at 80. So you could do soft corals (zoas, polyps, mushrooms ect..) or low/moderate light LPS corals such as Duncan, Euphyllia (Hammer, Torch, Frogspawn) and others. I don't know if any SPS would be happy under it unless you put them at the very top.

OP
OP
B

Bryancalderon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that light, it only hits on average 50 par maxing out at 80. So you could do soft corals (zoas, polyps, mushrooms ect..) or low/moderate light LPS corals such as Duncan, Euphyllia (Hammer, Torch, Frogspawn) and others. I don't know if any SPS would be happy under it unless you put them at the very top.
OK,
Ya because I was gonna put the sps very top, and then the softer at the bottom, since I have a high rock set.
Thank you man!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back