Corals That Fluoresce Under Blues — Let’s See Them Under Whites

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubba are you running straight Radions only or Radion T5 combo?

Nick,
Here's a couple of the tenuis you ask about......I have these because they look good to me under either type of lights.

47284182362_7687944a40_c.jpg

45778964711_6178f5dec8_c.jpg

If I were add some blue leds I can make the colors pop a bit more to my eyes.......I'd be happy with that type of configuration.

If I were to add too much blue and make the tank look darker and more of a windex look then a tenuis like this wouldn't even get a second glance whereas under a whiter looking tank it's a stand out with it's oregon blue color.

49559876268_1fe0d21fb0_c.jpg

Adding some LEDs for pop on coralites or tips will help.........too much and you kill how much blue. purple, deep red and some pink corals will pop visually to your eyes. Heavier blue will make orange, green, and yellows look visually better.

You have to consider the trade offs that best fit what you like. The right combo of T5 bulbs will color any coral to peak levels.......how much blue you add on top of that is for viewing pleasure.

Some of those boutique tenuis just aren't going to look the same. The coloration is the same but the viewing pleasure is not. Some of those would be Walt Disney, WWC Pink panther, and TGC Cherry Bomb from my personal experiences. There are waaay more names than actual different tenuis.

To me the goal is to be able to see all the colors at the same brightness and intensity when you stand 4-6 feet away from the tank.

PC Rainbow...........this the best colors I can pull for that coral. If I were to add some blue for supplements it will make the orange and green areas look more intense and the pinkish tips pop a bit more.

48794656017_46940d36d6_c.jpg
I’m all led right now.

Mrmiles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that all depends on how high you hang them...
I have my sunpower 6" off the water. Waiting to loan a par meter from the local reef club so may raise it, but want to go with maximum par until I know for sure.

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thread revive, I’d like to see them as well. I run a similar program to AB+ Most of the time that seems to be a good balance. Corals that look good under daylight will look good with it as well as those high priced tenuis.
HOWEVER, I want to see corals in the light that makes them stand out the most. Some look great under white and horrible under blue. Just as some look great under blue and horrible under white. That said when I ramp up to mid day I can see the lovely corals that “Adam” would sell, then in the morning and evening I can see the lovely highlights that others sell as well. Those that look great under both are a bonus and the GEMs in the hobby. I like the way my wife looks all the time, but I love when she dresses to the 9s. I like to see each of my corals at their best at some point each day.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back