Corals that golden butterfly fish wont eat

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find out which corals the golden butterfly fish wont eat . So far only xenia and gsp i have success.Tried a lot others including anemones but the fish just ate it all
Any luck?

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this is what happens with a fish that will have coral in its diet. All soft corals are probably out of the picture. You can try something encrusting like montis, chalice, some favia that type of thing.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this is what happens with a fish that will have coral in its diet. All soft corals are probably out of the picture. You can try something encrusting like montis, chalice, some favia that type of thing.
Thankyou . Are those hardy corals?

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montis are very easy as far as SPS corals go. Chalice and favia are a little harder but not difficult. Just getting the lighting correct for them.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montis are very easy as far as SPS corals go. Chalice and favia are a little harder but not difficult. Just getting the lighting correct for them.
Does montipora need strict dosing regiments and strong lighting? I do have very good lighting what about CA,DkH nitrates and PH

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does montipora need strict dosing regiments and strong lighting? I do have very good lighting what about CA,DkH nitrates and PH
Montis grow a decent rate, but not all grow the same. It would depend on your water changes and how larege your tank is. But they do sap nutrients when they get large.

Short answer is no, having a monti would not make you have to dose really at all if you didnt want to.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montis grow a decent rate, but not all grow the same. It would depend on your water changes and how larege your tank is. But they do sap nutrients when they get large.

Short answer is no, having a monti would not make you have to dose really at all if you didnt want to.

I dose kalk to maintain PH . I change water every 15 days 30%. Which variety is good Monti cap? Tank is 220 gallons

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-03-18 at 7.18.18 PM.mp4
    4.7 MB
OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red green or purple take ur pick. Also the leng sY is a great addition. So many OG.
How does this pack looks like?

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good price for that pack, lots of colors, and even has a monti Digi, but the butterfly may eat that one, just depends. Just know they are encrusting, and they will take up real estate as they really start to grow.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a good price for that pack, lots of colors, and even has a monti Digi, but the butterfly may eat that one, just depends. Just know they are encrusting, and they will take up real estate as they really start to grow.
Thankyou. I will start there then

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou. I will start there then
I got all the frags the corals look healthy as well was good. I had a question is there any SPS coral without polyps? Montis has very tiny polyps I see.

Back