Corals vs Corals...Fight!!! (w/ Pictures)

Mayerlyn A

Entre_Jardines
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Slimer says nope.

1965D0EE-929C-486F-8FD5-45449833B5F0.jpeg
That is hilarious, it literally made a u turn.

flying4fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_4776.jpg

Great thread! This pic is interesting: War Coral vs Zoa. Neither has been able to sting the other, but the War Coral is choking out the zoas simply by growing around them. If you look carefully at the center bottom, you can see where the War Coral is crushing my Psamma.

flying4fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_4779.jpg

One last pic from me. This one...and please correct me if I'm wrong...I think is Acan echinata. In one night it completely liquified a big, beautiful colony of Acan lord. I was bummed! But my setup is very small: Red Sea Reefer 170... so space is very limited and I can't help but want variety.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I agree torches are jerks, but I love them.....! I had a torch recently take out 7 of the 9 heads on a neon green hammer colony....it happened fast too. I cut the dead heads off and saved the remaining two....and of course relocated the hammer. First pic is hammer before the battle, and second pic is hammer after the battle.....

IMG_20191014_175815.jpg IMG_20200104_123342.jpg

Mayerlyn A

Entre_Jardines
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_4776.jpg

Great thread! This pic is interesting: War Coral vs Zoa. Neither has been able to sting the other, but the War Coral is choking out the zoas simply by growing around them. If you look carefully at the center bottom, you can see where the War Coral is crushing my Psamma.
I have this same situation going. War coral just slowly taking the zoa's realstate.

Mayerlyn A

Entre_Jardines
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_4779.jpg

One last pic from me. This one...and please correct me if I'm wrong...I think is Acan echinata. In one night it completely liquified a big, beautiful colony of Acan lord. I was bummed! But my setup is very small: Red Sea Reefer 170... so space is very limited and I can't help but want variety.
Yep , these guys are mean but very pretty in my opinion. I gave them a small rock of their own.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this thread makes me wish I had a picture of when my lobo attacked, those guys are ruthless. Looked like and felt like I was snapping shoes strings trying to get them apart... along with a nice mucus bubble!

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my world, the ugly ones always win. :(

My good looking sps corals are lovers and not fighters. These days I have more trouble saving corals from other corals than I do with pests and params. In the early days I was so excited to see growth that I didn’t put much thought into placement; if I only knew!

Mayerlyn A

Entre_Jardines
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my world, the ugly ones always win. :(

My good looking sps corals are lovers and not fighters. These days I have more trouble saving corals from other corals than I do with pests and params. In the early days I was so excited to see growth that I didn’t put much thought into placement; if I only knew!

We all learn that lesson a little late I think.

badams.one

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have any coral war experience with Rhodactis Mushrooms? I have some growing up a rock where I have my torch garden. I'm thinking I should be okay, but after reading this thread and seeing what others have posted about discos and yumas I'm having second thoughts. Thoughts?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have any coral war experience with Rhodactis Mushrooms? I have some growing up a rock where I have my torch garden. I'm thinking I should be okay, but after reading this thread and seeing what others have posted about discos and yumas I'm having second thoughts. Thoughts?
A torch won't tollerate that.

Last edited:
Back