Corals vs Corals...Fight!!! (w/ Pictures)

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So here's the JF Jack'O and WWC Toxic spill Lepto both plating out and getting along. I don't see many defensive tentacles between the two or any scaring so I'm hoping they continue to coexist. Blurry shot from the long side shows them a little better

128.jpg

165.jpg

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the JF Jack'O and WWC Toxic spill Lepto both plating out and getting along. I don't see many defensive tentacles between the two or any scaring so I'm hoping they continue to coexist. Blurry shot from the long side shows them a little better

128.jpg

165.jpg
I have a Jack O'Lantern and a meteor shower on the same rock. I'm pretty sure the meteor shower will win that. How can I stop the meteor shower?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Jack O'Lantern and a meteor shower on the same rock. I'm pretty sure the meteor shower will win that. How can I stop the meteor shower?
I'm thinking the Jack'o will win this simply because if it's ability to stretch out defensive tentacles. I don't think they'll live together, best to remove which ever's easiest and less damaging.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the Jack'o will win this simply because if it's ability to stretch out defensive tentacles. I don't think they'll live together, best to remove which ever's easiest and less damaging.
Really? The jack O'lantern is listed as passive, the meteor shower is aggressive.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really? The jack O'lantern is listed as passive, the meteor shower is aggressive.
I would agree Lepto's seem to be passive so you may be correct. If anything the Jack'O would put up a defensive wall with it's ability to stretch out tentacles and hold back the Meteor Shower. I have a Mayan Sun Favia that's trying to approach another Jack'O and I'll try to get a picture of that battle, they both seemed to agree to not grow towards each other anymore.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree Lepto's seem to be passive so you may be correct. If anything the Jack'O would put up a defensive wall with it's ability to stretch out tentacles and hold back the Meteor Shower. I have a Mayan Sun Favia that's trying to approach another Jack'O and I'll try to get a picture of that battle, they both seemed to agree to not grow towards each other anymore.
I guess we will find out! Am I correct in thinking that neither one will kill the entire colony?

How about Zoas vs a meteor shower?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I found most surprising was the Jack'o kept my GSP at bay and actually caused the GSP to retract a little. This picture shows the Lepto's tentacles holding back GSP's which everyone told me the GSP would take over the Lepto. Nope, Lepto won.

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg
Great pictures!

These animals are amazing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

rcpalmer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought all Euphyllias got along. I have pink, green, and gold hammers. I never could find a orange branching hammer so I got a orange torch. The torch got along with the gold and green hammer. Once it grew close enough it started fighting with the pink hammer. I moved it about a month ago and the two heads it reached still have not fully recovered.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought all Euphyllias got along. I have pink, green, and gold hammers. I never could find a orange branching hammer so I got a orange torch. The torch got along with the gold and green hammer. Once it grew close enough it started fighting with the pink hammer. I moved it about a month ago and the two heads it reached still have not fully recovered.
I think hammers and frogspawn coexist. Torches are a different story.

MikeA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr! Star Polyps vs Lobo and the polyps are winning. They come in unseen on the plug the lobo was on and were out of sight until I did a bit of a reshuffle.

The lobo wasn't exhibiting any signs of distress apart from the obvious tissue damage. I pulled it out to take a better look and the photo is taken immediately after so it looks a bit deflated.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at the picture gave me anxiety !!!!! Just two days ago I witness my red planet have filaments wrapped around it coming from my Oregon tort. So torts have power it has encrusted my frag rack so it touched it I lifted it up off the rack and everything is good. I now make sure to use the 1 inch puck disks now as it gives grow room and distance till grownout...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 39 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back