Corals vs Corals...Fight!!! (w/ Pictures)

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr! Star Polyps vs Lobo and the polyps are winning. They come in unseen on the plug the lobo was on and were out of sight until I did a bit of a reshuffle.

The lobo wasn't exhibiting any signs of distress apart from the obvious tissue damage. I pulled it out to take a better look and the photo is taken immediately after so it looks a bit deflated.

That is the number one reason why I set this tank up!!!!! After my RVC Eevent and got bryopsis AGAIN and bubble AGAIN. I set it up. Trying to transfer to my new 75 gallon that seven months old now and can support SPS but I cannot because I have a LG issue because of events!!! Y can’t they say we have bubble algae in system so replug ur corals and inspect. Not here u go and now ur tank is ruined!!!! I’m losing my red Ferrari dragon I’ve had for a year and I’m absolutely floored. I will no longer purchase corals like that because of pass or not what you bought!!!

image.jpg

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 16 inch sebea nem and it wins always. I’ve now had 2 move corals 2 edges and add pumps 2 them there. So it’s a men breeder tank after the bubble is gone.

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a bubble coral about the size of a football. Man does this thing have big sweeper tentacles at night as well as a ton of them.Im going to keep it far away from other corals. But i have only seen the sweeper/feeding tentacles get up to about 2-3 inches long at most.

kashman100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr! Star Polyps vs Lobo and the polyps are winning. They come in unseen on the plug the lobo was on and were out of sight until I did a bit of a reshuffle.

The lobo wasn't exhibiting any signs of distress apart from the obvious tissue damage. I pulled it out to take a better look and the photo is taken immediately after so it looks a bit deflated.

Turn off your powerheads and mix kalk paste and put it on the star polyps for about 10 min. I had same problem and it works great

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hate when this occurs. Thought my Favia was melting away until I found this !

stinger.jpg
sweepers3.jpg
sweepers1.jpg

paraletho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised no one has mentioned two of what I consider some of the strongest warriors. Galaxea and the Fungids. Galaxea with it’s up to 12” sweepers out at night killing stuff halfway across the tank. Plate corals well they just ha a lot of juice. I think the reason they aren’t mentioned is that they are normally sandbed corals and are solitary. This is the one I wonder about Space Invader Pectinia. It puts out some pretty ugly looking sweepers.
C2C309EB-DC88-4E92-9B60-013CE64245E1.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It would probably kill the aiptasia, but not until the aiptasia spread spores everywhere
Most of my Acans have a neighbor aptasia and nothing. I just got a new copperband last weekend and I already see 5 aptasia that were noticeable Now gone

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have no photos but take my word, Stutchburyi Goniopora is quite formidable:
They took out a Burning Banana Stylo, Rainbow Acan, and a WWC Jack-O-Killa Lithophyllon.
However, they are OK with Utter Chaos, and probably other Zoa's or Palys

PhreeByrd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics in this thread, but it sure does seem that a lot of people are placing their corals much too close together. Curious about why that is. Did you not know the corals would grow and fight with each other? I'm not trying to be disparaging, but it seems like a lot of really bad planning going on here.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan vs Monti Plate: Duncan WIN

It's only recently started but the Duncan just kept growing and has now killed all it can touch. It's close to growing into the acan now, and I have a candy cane that's about to go into bird'snest. I can also say Galaxea vs most anything = Galaxea win. Mean little guy but really pretty. Also, bird'snest vs Monti plate bird'snest wins

IMG_20180904_130353545.jpg
15378030641112455333827761183385.jpg

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics in this thread, but it sure does seem that a lot of people are placing their corals much too close together. Curious about why that is. Did you not know the corals would grow and fight with each other? I'm not trying to be disparaging, but it seems like a lot of really bad planning going on here.

Hi PhreeByrd
For my part i usually try to control the montiporas as they grow quicker, the 2 examples i showed are the times i decided to see what will happen. I know that when 2 sps touch it's not all out war, different story with lps, when this happen in my tank i remedy the situation asap.

drizzle21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the baddest coral out there? From what I've read, acans, torches, meteor shower? It also seems like zoas are indestructible.
Hollywood stunner chalice not sure how bad the sting is as I keep it away from everything but the sweepers are incredibly long and has a ton of them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back