Corals vs Corals...Fight!!! (w/ Pictures)

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hollywood stunner chalice not sure how bad the sting is as I keep it away from everything but the sweepers are incredibly long and has a ton of them.
I just bought a Hollywood stunner piece literally for the soul purpose of holding back a colony of zoas from taking over the rest of my tank[emoji23] they have been trying to grow everywhere! It is definitely the meanest out there.

drizzle21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any photos of the war just some of the damage. I've since moved things around. I think my Halloween hermit knocked my lobo over found it laying on the acan with it eating about 4 heads.
When I saw this happen I gently pulled the lobo up and off luckily saved the rest of the acans. What have some of you done to stop the war?

Lobo vs acan
Lobo wins
e9a6ff7beb88e3a36997b232bb90990d.jpg
b5406cd88e59fe102a9f78240b119f00.jpg
bb368e868b9e0cadad67cfbe361ee168.jpg

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a Hollywood stunner piece literally for the soul purpose of holding back a colony of zoas from taking over the rest of my tank[emoji23] they have been trying to grow everywhere! It is definitely the meanest out there.
Hmmm, someone just gave me a piece. I have it leaning on the back glass between my GSP and torch.

Should I move it?

Glassfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grrr! Star Polyps vs Lobo and the polyps are winning. They come in unseen on the plug the lobo was on and were out of sight until I did a bit of a reshuffle.

The lobo wasn't exhibiting any signs of distress apart from the obvious tissue damage. I pulled it out to take a better look and the photo is taken immediately after so it looks a bit deflated.

Bury the gsp in the sand maybe ?

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, someone just gave me a piece. I have it leaning on the back glass between my GSP and torch.

Should I move it?
Honestly that's for you to figure out, because corals never act the same for all people. If you want to you could see if anything happens then move it in the chance nothing will bother anything. Or you could move it now eliminating the possibility. If I were you I would move it, but there could be a chance that it wont hurt anything and I dont like taking that chance :). For instance my hammer coral stung my candy cane, but I'm gonna let nature take its course and see if they get used to each other or if it keeps occurring for my own knowledge. Hope this helps!

Glassfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the number one reason why I set this tank up!!!!! After my RVC Eevent and got bryopsis AGAIN and bubble AGAIN. I set it up. Trying to transfer to my new 75 gallon that seven months old now and can support SPS but I cannot because I have a LG issue because of events!!! Y can’t they say we have bubble algae in system so replug ur corals and inspect. Not here u go and now ur tank is ruined!!!! I’m losing my red Ferrari dragon I’ve had for a year and I’m absolutely floored. I will no longer purchase corals like that because of pass or not what you bought!!!

image.jpg
I've heard of vibrant taking care of bubble algea

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Favia’s out of control! It’s just a big ballon getting bigger and bigger trying to bully the JackO. To move or watch the war, what to do??

C608DC47-FD4E-40B9-B3F0-04AA2BDBB458.jpeg

0880AEDE-9364-40E4-B45E-8EC7BDA6E1F6.jpeg
If you're not too worried I would watch and see for your own knowledge, but I wouldn't go off of my opinion :) even though it's unlikely, they could leave each other alone!

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the acan echinata wins over pretty much every other coral...it's like the grandmaster of coral war.

This thread is WIN ! Its one of the most important things to know in this hobby because war = toxins released to the rest of the tank , lets see more !!! Also the Acan Echinata is like the Bruce Lee of corals especially the WAR paint ones , ours here is pretty much OP and must be kept from everything .

Ohhhh, how I used to believe.....

2018-02-08 08_16_43-Adam Nognem (@lbulletm) • Instagram photos and videos.png
2018-02-08 08_17_09-Adam Nognem (@lbulletm) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Splatter Hammer v. Echinata. Hammer Coral: Win.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back