Corals vs Corals...Fight!!! (w/ Pictures)

kashman100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out these blastos fighting over food
20180930_220252.jpeg

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a free hollywood chalice. It's probably 2x4 inches. I have it propped up on the back hoping it will climb up the back of the tank. I didn't realize until tonight that that has some tentacles!! Where do they come from, lol.

It's near my purple torch. Should I move the chalice? The torch is established, but the chalice is movable. Will the chalice hurt my torch?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a free hollywood chalice. It's probably 2x4 inches. I have it propped up on the back hoping it will climb up the back of the tank. I didn't realize until tonight that that has some tentacles!! Where do they come from, lol.

It's near my purple torch. Should I move the chalice? The torch is established, but the chalice is movable. Will the chalice hurt my torch?
I believe the chalice can do some serious damage due to the amount of sweepers it can produce but if the torch gets a good sting then the chalice can have quick tissue recession. Sounds like were calling a UFC fight;Hilarious

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hollywood stunners can cause some damage from what I have read. If it were me I wouldn't waste a torch waiting to find out.

It is crazy how sweepers appear out of nowhere. Just got a space invader and its insane how crazy sweepers just appear out of nowhere especially out of a coral that isn't all that fleshy

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hollywood stunners can cause some damage from what I have read. If it were me I wouldn't waste a torch waiting to find out.

It is crazy how sweepers appear out of nowhere. Just got a space invader and its insane how crazy sweepers just appear out of nowhere especially out of a coral that isn't all that fleshy
Exactly, all day its smooth, after lights out there were tentacles everywhere! I'm going to move it, I love my purple torch.

This is like my war coral, where do those tentacles come from?

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, all day its smooth, after lights out there were tentacles everywhere! I'm going to move it, I love my purple torch.

This is like my war coral, where do those tentacles come from?
Ya my war gets some going too. I knew space invaders were aggressive but its nuts how a 1"frag can have like a dozen 1" sweepers out of nowhere

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Stunner was a killer. I had to give it a wide berth. Very fast grower too.

Nov 2013
Stunner 13-11-20.jpg

Oct 2014
Stunner 14-10-23.jpg

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my LFS the other day and a large wallhammer was less then an inch from some cheap chalice sweepers. I LOVE WALL HAMMERS and hopping to purchase so scared me to death. 3 way wall or looks like a birds foot pattern

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back