Coralvue customer service kind of sucks...

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People say that coralvue is helpful but i have been extremely frustrated this week.

I have an $800 reef octopus int300 skimmer. The varios pump driver died about 4 months ago.. ok it happens, bought a new one.

The impeller gets frozen up and it shuts off. I take out, clean it and put back in.. won't run. Soak in vinegar, all free spinning.. will not start.
1. Submit a ticket saying it WAS stuck but i cleaned it and it wont run.
2. Response "you need to clean"
3. My response..i have cleaned it and everything spins freely.
4. Their response..here is a video of how it should spin freely.
5. My response again... i think there is something else wrong. The impellor has never been cleaner and it spins better than new..
6. Their response.. I think you should buy another impellor.

WHAT??? Am i somehow wrong in my understanding that an impellor is magnet, shaft, and bushing? There is nothing "broken" .

When i power it up both of the feed timing lights flash. I'm sorry to vent but it is like they are not even reading my emails!!

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with their customer service reps have been very hit/miss. There are a few of them that really make me want to hit them with the "per my last email" attitude - and it's never been with anything as critical as what you're dealing with. Good luck, try seeing if you can call and get a different rep

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
customer service is terrible
Having worked phone Customer service in the past in a different industry the people that tend to call in aren’t all that great either. Getting yelled at by someone who is mad that their toaster needs to be plugged into the wall to work ain’t all that rewarding.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree their customer service stinks. We must stop buying from companies with bad customer service. Some customers are stupid so they tend to assume we all are.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I to have a varios controller going out. Just about every LED on it has burnt out. My skimmer, int250 10”, has the varios 6. I bought brand new about 2yrs ago.

Hope this doesn’t happen to me!

Tegridy Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
People say that coralvue is helpful but i have been extremely frustrated this week.

I have an $800 reef octopus int300 skimmer. The varios pump driver died about 4 months ago.. ok it happens, bought a new one.

The impeller gets frozen up and it shuts off. I take out, clean it and put back in.. won't run. Soak in vinegar, all free spinning.. will not start.
1. Submit a ticket saying it WAS stuck but i cleaned it and it wont run.
2. Response "you need to clean"
3. My response..i have cleaned it and everything spins freely.
4. Their response..here is a video of how it should spin freely.
5. My response again... i think there is something else wrong. The impellor has never been cleaner and it spins better than new..
6. Their response.. I think you should buy another impellor.

WHAT??? Am i somehow wrong in my understanding that an impellor is magnet, shaft, and bushing? There is nothing "broken" .

When i power it up both of the feed timing lights flash. I'm sorry to vent but it is like they are not even reading my emails!!
Same problems

Espino963

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had nothing but horrible experiences from them. My recent order was the mm to standard reducers for my waterbox. they sent me the wrong size 3 times in row, after they " hand picked them" to ensure to mistakes would be made. I will never purchase any of their products after that experience.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back