CoralVue's Black Friday Specials - What Will You Get?

[email protected]

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score

15% OFF Select Reef Octopus VarioS Pumps
  • Eligible pumps: VarioS-4, VarioS-6, and VarioS-8

15% OFF Select Reef Octopus Regal Skimmers
  • Eligible skimmers: Regal 200SSS, Regal 250SSS, Regal 300SSS, Regal 200INT, Regal 250INT, and Regal 300INT.

** SALE ENDS DECEMBER 2ND @ MIDNIGHT **

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered a Regal 300-EXT from Premium Aquatics yesterday...did you guys ship it out yet?

while I’m at it...should I expect micro bubbles out of the exit plumbing on an external skimmer? I’ve never had one, so I’m unsure. I originally planned tofeed the skimmer with a COR-20 and have the outlet feed my frag tank, but if there will be a bunch of micro-bubbles I may have to change that plan.

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered a Regal 300-EXT from Premium Aquatics yesterday...did you guys ship it out yet?

while I’m at it...should I expect micro bubbles out of the exit plumbing on an external skimmer? I’ve never had one, so I’m unsure. I originally planned tofeed the skimmer with a COR-20 and have the outlet feed my frag tank, but if there will be a bunch of micro-bubbles I may have to change that plan.
When you first set up the skimmer, you will most likely have microbubbles. With an EXT skimmer, there are a lot of variables. You need to make sure that you are pushing the right amount of water flow. If your flow is too fast, you are going to be pushing the bubbles out of the skimmer BEFORE they go up the neck of the skimmer body. Assuming that everything is installed correctly AND there are no chemicals in the water, the skimmer should produce very little microbubbles. I am not saying it will not produce ANY but if you have bubble traps in your sump, they should not make it back to the main tank.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
When you first set up the skimmer, you will most likely have microbubbles. With an EXT skimmer, there are a lot of variables. You need to make sure that you are pushing the right amount of water flow. If your flow is too fast, you are going to be pushing the bubbles out of the skimmer BEFORE they go up the neck of the skimmer body. Assuming that everything is installed correctly AND there are no chemicals in the water, the skimmer should produce very little microbubbles. I am not saying it will not produce ANY but if you have bubble traps in your sump, they should not make it back to the main tank.
Thanks...It sounds like I shouldn’t have it go directly into the frag tank if that is the case.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Got my Maxspect Gyre 350 and a Reef Octopus Regal 150sss in, can't wait to get them installed.
Awesome! Thank you so much for supporting our family of brands! Let us know if you need any help getting going. ;Shamefullyembarrased

siggy

I'm still swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Got my Maxspect Gyre 350 and a Reef Octopus Regal 150sss in, can't wait to get them installed.
Did I mention I really like my 150sssss:rolleyes: float sw and controler is the best, well its easy to ajust too.
Hey Jeff what happened with the hydros and core? I haven't seen much this BF not to mention Elders Equipment Cabinet.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Did I mention I really like my 150sssss:rolleyes: float sw and controler is the best, well its easy to ajust too.
Hey Jeff what happened with the hydros and core? I haven't seen much this BF not to mention Elders Equipment Cabinet.
Happy to hear that you like #reefoctopus skimmer! :D

The standard HYDROS WaveEngine officially launched on November 12. The EcoTech Marine Wireless-capable version dropped about 2 weeks after that. We've been working on a lot of videos to support that launch recently and launched a new website as well. I imagine you'll start to see testimonials from people using them soon. I saw this one yesterday from @DeltecUSA that made me happy!

The aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, are still in development and on track for a Spring 2020 release. We've added new capabilities since they debuted at MACNA.

The new IceCap 2K and 4K Gyres that just dropped have a Dual WiFi Controller that uses the HYDROS platform, so we've been working on development for that as well. You use the same HYDROS app for the Gyres as you do for other HYDROS products. It doesn't have all the capabilities of a WaveEngine, but it's still pretty robust and absolutely the most feature-rich Gyre controller to date.

The Controller Cabinets from @Elder1945 are en route, I believe, and I know Kyle is eager for us to start getting the word out. We'll take some nice photos and put up detailed product listings and pricing ASAP, so I imagine all that will happen before the end of the year.

The only part of your question I am not sure about is the "core." What is that in reference to?

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Happy to hear that you like #reefoctopus skimmer! :D

The standard HYDROS WaveEngine officially launched on November 12. The EcoTech Marine Wireless-capable version dropped about 2 weeks after that. We've been working on a lot of videos to support that launch recently and launched a new website as well. I imagine you'll start to see testimonials from people using them soon. I saw this one yesterday from @DeltecUSA that made me happy!

The aquarium controllers, the Control 2 and Control 4, are still in development and on track for a Spring 2020 release. We've added new capabilities since they debuted at MACNA.

The new IceCap 2K and 4K Gyres that just dropped have a Dual WiFi Controller that uses the HYDROS platform, so we've been working on development for that as well. You use the same HYDROS app for the Gyres as you do for other HYDROS products. It doesn't have all the capabilities of a WaveEngine, but it's still pretty robust and absolutely the most feature-rich Gyre controller to date.

The Controller Cabinets from @Elder1945 are en route, I believe, and I know Kyle is eager for us to start getting the word out. We'll take some nice photos and put up detailed product listings and pricing ASAP, so I imagine all that will happen before the end of the year.

The only part of your question I am not sure about is the "core." What is that in reference to?
I assume he means the apex Cor-20.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Ah OK, so I presume the question is could the HYDROS WaveEngine control a Neptune Systems Apex COR pump. And the answer is I do not know. lol I sent this question over to more knowledgeable team members than myself so we can get an educated response (which I will follow up with). Although even if it were possible, I am not sure there would be enough demand to warrant the time and effort. I know NS offers a standalone version, but I imagine (and could certainly be wrong!) that most COR users are Apex users since using their platform allows you to make the most of the pump. Anyhoo, we'll see what the other guys on staff have to say about it.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
My impression after conversing with the guys is that it is unlikely to happen. Although some WE users are connecting their return pumps to the WaveEngine (I plan to myself), CoralVue is more focused on expanding the list of compatible flow pumps, not return pumps.

siggy

I'm still swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
OOPS I meant the Control 2, 4 platform of controllers, I thought they were ready for BF sales. I thought I seen power strips and such advertised. I was also looking for the hydros and could not find any that were in stock, the reason for the OP.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
OOPS I meant the Control 2, 4 platform of controllers, I thought they were ready for BF sales. I thought I seen power strips and such advertised. I was also looking for the hydros and could not find any that were in stock, the reason for the OP.
We have product pages up for all that stuff and some of our retail partners do too, so it's certainly possible you viewed a page and then were retargeted later with them in an ad. Suffice to say we're at least a few months out from release.

When you feed your fish do you feel like your feeding the algae as well?

• Yes I feel I'm feeding too much

Votes: 123 30.1%
  • Yes but not much

Votes: 162 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 113 27.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 2.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors