Core 7 Consumption of Mature SPS Triton Reef?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my SPS dominant Triton Reef at just over 1 year is starting to consume a pretty high amount of Core 7 daily and I'm getting worried that once fully matured the daily dose is going to be unreasonable with the amount of space I have for dosing reservoirs.

I'm currently dosing 70 ml per day and rising. My tank has a lot of SPS but most still in the frag / small colony stage. I'm a bit terrified for what this tank might consume when my corals grow out fully.

Can anyone with a partial or fully matured SPS dominant tank share your core 7 consumption levels?

(And I don't believe my high consumption rate is due to precipitation or other issues as I dose each part separately and spaced out adequately into high flow).

Last edited:

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my SPS dominant Triton Reef at just over 1 year is starting to consume a pretty high amount of Core 7 daily and I'm getting worried that once fully matured the daily dose is going to be unreasonable with the amount of space I have for dosing reservoirs.

I'm currently dosing 64 ml per day and rising. My tank has a lot of SPS but most still in the frag / small colony stage. I'm a bit terrified for what this tank might consume when my corals grow out fully.

Can anyone with a partial or fully matured SPS dominant tank share your core 7 consumption levels?

(And I don't believe my high consumption rate is due to precipitation or other issues as I dose each part separately and spaced out adequately into high flow).
Hi,

ich have a 65 Gallon SPS Tank (medium sized sps still growing to fill up the tank) and does 20ml a day. I know people in germany with big tanks are buying the large plastic containers with core7. Core7 is very concentrated so every other 2/3/4 part solution will need much bigger dosing reservoirs. on a big tank i would switch to a calcium reactor. even when using a calcium reactor you can still make icps and adjust individual elements.

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 ml a day in a red sea 350 , a lot of sps buta good few lps aswaell

IMG_20181231_171242.jpg

IMG_20181203_173556.jpg

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 ml a day in a red sea 350 , a lot of sps buta good few lps aswaell

IMG_20181231_171242.jpg

IMG_20181203_173556.jpg

Thanks for sharing and very nice tank! So our dose is about equal at the moment given the tank size adjustment. I'm now at 70 ml per day on my 165 after changing out my CO2 media which increased it further.

Curious if once your tank fully matured with limited room for further coral growth if the dose might actually have declined from peak? Did you find that it peaked and then declined or just continued to rise to current day?

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

ich have a 65 Gallon SPS Tank (medium sized sps still growing to fill up the tank) and does 20ml a day. I know people in germany with big tanks are buying the large plastic containers with core7. Core7 is very concentrated so every other 2/3/4 part solution will need much bigger dosing reservoirs. on a big tank i would switch to a calcium reactor. even when using a calcium reactor you can still make icps and adjust individual elements.

Yeah I have the large plastic containers but just no where to store them near my tank to directly connect them for dosing. I'm pretty much stuck with 4 x 2000 ml dosing containers without making things ugly and I really don't want to be refilling these more than once every 2 weeks. If dosing levels continue to rise like they are I may be forced into a calcium reactor but would prefer not to if possible. Just seems a bit more complicated managing various element levels when you lose the reference dose from the calc and alk supplements.

kiMxD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is kinda new and I only dose 6ml (diluted with 50% more RODI). I started Core7 in this tank 2 months ago and already increased the dose from 2ml to 6ml...

What kH do you guys keep your tanks with Triton Core7?

Thanks!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back