ebay has sump kits I looked at one myself
Screenshot_20200307-071122_Chrome.jpg
Oh thanks I will have a look

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided on a budget of £1,000 I have found a full marine system Tonga branch rock , sand and everything really apart from fish and coral on eBay for £799 but it’s only 4ft but I mean it’s a great deal I’m considering it I
Emma_fish be sure to ask the seller what (if anything) they used to clean the inside of the tank (assuming it was used) in the teardown process. It's surprising the household cleaning agents/chemicals some use during the process to get the tank "clean" and appealing for sale.

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started by used 75g system. The whole thing costed me around $300. I mean hardware. Not fish nor rocks. I am DIY guy and I made a lot of upgrades. And then I asked myself a question: how big I can go without selling my kidney. It took me a month or so to calculate more or less and the answer was 240g.
At the beginning costs are overwhelming because you need all this stuff, the list is huge. But after you have initial setup you can upgrade things in time.

I went the cheapest option and still the whole thing is the cost of the used car.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so just a quick question I saw a saltwater puffer at my lfs and I absolutely love it but I fear it could either eat coral or not be a good beginner fish it was a porcupine puffer I think

ehealy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so just a quick question I saw a saltwater puffer at my lfs and I absolutely love it but I fear it could either eat coral or not be a good beginner fish it was a porcupine puffer I think
Great fish, lots of personality, but I personally wouldn't start with one. Porcupines get big (1') and are not listed as reef compatible; although you will see them in reef tanks from time to time online. There are smaller (saddle, sharpnose, etc.) that would be a better fit, in my opinion. Either way, I'd make a stocking list, then plan, before adding anything. There are a lot of helpful members, with tons of experience, always willing to share their experiences and best position your tank for success.

Back