Could anybody help me identify what I have, and give a few pointers?

OP
OP
I

isaiah146

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like glass or ball nems. Actually a type of mushroom coral.
So I just have to make sure I keep an eye out for how many are in the tank? How big will they get? I don’t want too many in there, and if they spread as fast as you guys are saying I may want to figure out how to thin their population.

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you I’ll be sure to remove it when I get home. Should I just pull it off the hermits shell?
Get a bowl of tank water, get the hermits, and scrub the shell with a tooth brush. Then toss the hermits back into the tank and dump the dirty water down the drain or in the yard, where ever lol

OP
OP
I

isaiah146

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a bowl of tank water, get the hermits, and scrub the shell with a tooth brush. Then toss the hermits back into the tank and dump the dirty water down the drain or in the yard, where ever lol
Thank you guys for the help!! I’ll keep everyone updated if anything happens. Glad I finally found a community that’s actually helpful. The Facebook reef groups are just full of trolls and people that are tired of helping.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about ripping off. It might turn into a bunch of them. They move when not happy. I’d take hermit out and maybe get a frozen ice pack and just touch the foot if it in the water. It might take awhile but it should dislodge and either slither off the shell or float away.
They look badazz at night. Bright blue balls on the outside and inner circle of gold balls then the mouth. I just realized they were becoming a problem this week. I noticed they grab and kill snails. I’ve a bunch that has shells near it. I move the shells away and the next day they are back. I also found on in a empty shell so I moved it to a small tank so I can watch it.

ADBDB587-947C-4F13-AFC3-E264B315FEC8.jpeg 14D8EA2C-4744-4C73-8694-BFB4B233DD34.jpeg A6AF71F2-49EA-4928-BEC6-809A33D0C260.jpeg 43AB31B1-FE81-4A65-91DA-063C602B8098.jpeg

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back