could I manage these wrasses in my nano

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t put a wrasse in your tank. They all require more space than what your tank can provide for them. If you really want a wrasse use that as inspiration to plan a future upgrade :)

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please don’t put a wrasse in your tank. They all require more space than what your tank can provide for them. If you really want a wrasse use that as inspiration to plan a future upgrade :)
This is exactly why im asking. I heard wrasses need swimming room so I just wanted to make sure before I might do something stupid.

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh My evos mandarin, should she be ok with a dottyback? If not a dottyback then a firefish but I love the deep purple. What do you think would be good?
They're all in the Evo. Note that I am not recommending putting a mandarin in an Evo; I do have three other, larger tanks in which it could go if it runs out of 'pods and/or gets sick of eating grindal worms.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re concerned about a dottyback and want a purple fish how about a black cap basslet? They’re a beautiful deep purple. Helfrichi firefish are a pretty purple too.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh My evos mandarin, should she be ok with a dottyback? If not a dottyback then a firefish but I love the deep purple. What do you think would be good?
There's no guarantee with fish; they're animals, and will act the way that they want. I will say, though, that my firefish bullied my orchid dottyback, which is not what most people would have expected. Then again, they are captive-bred, and perhaps that is the key.

My "fish bossiness scale" is this: orange dotted tuskfish > dwarf angels > gobies > blennies > firefish > orchid dottyback > filefish > fairy wrasse.

The only fish my dottybacks have chased are each other.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back