Could inchange my sump around to fit both a skimmer and a refugium?

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all my sump has two small sections and two larger sections. As you can see I have the overflow coming into the first small section and the return pump in the big back section. I have chaeto in the other large section, I want to install a skimmer before the refugium but that little section is only 15cm by 17cm and I cant find a skimmer to fit (300l system).
I'm wondering if I put the return in the small section so I could have the overflow and skimmer in one large section and the fudge in the next large section would it work it would the return pump drain the water in the little section faster than it fills up?
20200830_082805.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming I'm understanding your question right then yes you can do that but if your gonna put your return pump in the small compartment your gonna want a good auto top off set up or the pump will be sucking air every other day.

OP
OP
S

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming I'm understanding your question right then yes you can do that but if your gonna put your return pump in the small compartment your gonna want a good auto top off set up or the pump will be sucking air every other day.
Yea that's what I mean, I'm trying to decide if I should remove the baffles between the two small sections to fit a skimmer there, put a baffle where the chaeto is to make a section for the skimmer, or swap the whole thing around.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back