Could this be velvet

niklas.baastrup

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

So our beloved clownfish, Elaine, started swimming erratically around to day. Also she swims up against the powerheads. We also noticed some tiny white dots on her (picture), she is below 2 inches, so very tiny dots. She is eating fine and is behaving normally around 50% of the time.

So here is the question, could this be velvet. The last addition the the tank is over 5 weeks ago and no other fish has shown any symptoms.
According to the velvet disease thread, the dinospores can only be inactive for 15 days and has a short cycle of 4 days.

Best regards
Niklas

IMG_20210521_180705.jpg IMG_20210521_180252.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet would include heavy breathing. Can't see from pics but I'd look into ich.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly, but I think that looks more like brook, based on the patterning and location of the dusting. Swimming against the powerhead is a major characteristic of velvet, though.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back