Couple of ? and math check dosing phosphates

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all. I've been dosing sodium nitrate for a month or so as levels were barely detectable for quite some time. I have that stable at a little over 4. I plan on going closer to 10 eventually. Phosphates have been between 0.0 and 0.02 more often than not 0.0 using Hanna ULR tester. I know I have nutrients as hair algae grows and chaeto does pretty well but I would like to raise phosphate to at least get a reading rather than zero. I'm not sure how high to go (recommendations welcome), I'm just looking to get readings other than zero and will watch the corals to see how they respond. I have loudwolf sodium phosphate and used the calculator shown below. Also how fast can I safely raise phosphate? Does the math in the calculator look correct for 1 liter of mixture? I just want to make sure not to botch this so sorry if these seem like rather senseless questions. To those that are going to say "feed more" ;) I feed a frozen mixture 2-4 times a day to 4 fish with return pumps off and food floating all over. The LPS love it but nutrients are still low. I have a CBB that will only eat frozen so I can't feel pellets or flake. Thanks
phos dose.jpg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all. I've been dosing sodium nitrate for a month or so as levels were barely detectable for quite some time. I have that stable at a little over 4. I plan on going closer to 10 eventually. Phosphates have been between 0.0 and 0.02 more often than not 0.0 using Hanna ULR tester. I know I have nutrients as hair algae grows and chaeto does pretty well but I would like to raise phosphate to at least get a reading rather than zero. I'm not sure how high to go (recommendations welcome), I'm just looking to get readings other than zero and will watch the corals to see how they respond. I have loudwolf sodium phosphate and used the calculator shown below. Also how fast can I safely raise phosphate? Does the math in the calculator look correct for 1 liter of mixture? I just want to make sure not to botch this so sorry if these seem like rather senseless questions. To those that are going to say "feed more" ;) I feed a frozen mixture 2-4 times a day to 4 fish with return pumps off and food floating all over. The LPS love it but nutrients are still low. I have a CBB that will only eat frozen so I can't feel pellets or flake. Thanks
phos dose.jpg
The calculator gave you the concentration of potassium not phosphate.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which sodium phosphate from loudwolf are you using?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back