Couple of questions about gsp.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a nice peice of gsp about 4 or 5 inches round. It is on a rock. I always dip my new corals in Bayer for pest removal. Is gsp OK to dip this way? Also should I dip the entire rock or should I attempt to remove it from the rock and place it on a rock already in the tank after dipping? I know it can get somewhat invasive but the location it will be going to is on a rock pole in the corner isolated away from everything else so it shouldn't be able to spread beyond there. At least that my thoughts.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I’m dipping the entire thing. I have a rock in my tank that is about 6” around. That is almost entirely covered in gsp. I have it sitting solo so it can’t stretch it’s sticky fingers elsewhere.

Wes Allsbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take it off for fear of it sinking into the rock…..but I could be wrong. Also, my GSP branches out if I don't watch it. I would put on a island a good bit away if you don’t want it to spread.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it off and dipped it then glued most of it into a new rock from inside the tank. Ended up with a few small prices I tossed into a container of rock rubble in the sump under a light so maybe I'll end up with more. First time working with gsp. Kinda interesting stuff compared to my other corals

Wes Allsbrook

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it off and dipped it then glued most of it into a new rock from inside the tank. Ended up with a few small prices I tossed into a container of rock rubble in the sump under a light so maybe I'll end up with more. First time working with gsp. Kinda interesting stuff compared to my other corals
It’s the cheapest coral in my tank but it gets the most attention. Imagine that

Back