Couple quick questions regarding dosing Brightwell Aquatics Magnesium P. Check my math? Daily max dosage

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to James planted tank calculator I mixed up 200 grams in 500ml water to get .1/ml. Total water volume 100 us gallons.
Questions are how many ml per day can I dose max?
In sitting at 1280 now id like to get back closer to 1400.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-142814_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-142814_Chrome.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to break it in half since it takes so much darn mag to raise levels lol.
Its crazy man. According to this mix 200 ml will raise 20ppm? Something is messing with my brain.
If thats the case my other question was going to be is there a more economically efficient way to dose mag without going broke?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its crazy man. According to this mix 200 ml will raise 20ppm? Something is messing with my brain.
If thats the case my other question was going to be is there a more economically efficient way to dose mag without going broke?
Yep.
And yep.

And dr teal epsom salts from walmart.

3 cups of epsom salts to 5 cups of mag chloride hexahydrate in 1 gal of water.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youll never go broke dosing mag again lol.
Glad I asked. And thanks for that calculator. It doesn't match the mix or dosing for James planted tank calculator but the one you posted is designed specifically for what im using maybe that's where the discrepancy is coming in.
I think ill go with the flakes its way cheaper!
I was hoping all for reef would keep my levels correct but had my params certified today at 8.6 alk, 370 cal and 1280 mag. New tank is tearing through alk and mag super fast. Something about the higher mag my shrooms really liked.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I asked. And thanks for that calculator. It doesn't match the mix or dosing for James planted tank calculator but the one you posted is designed specifically for what im using maybe that's where the discrepancy is coming in.
I think ill go with the flakes its way cheaper!
I was hoping all for reef would keep my levels correct but had my params certified today at 8.6 alk, 370 cal and 1280 mag. New tank is tearing through alk and mag super fast. Something about the higher mag my shrooms really liked.
Yea i love that calc because you can select your specific product :)
And all your questions were answered in the warnings and usage section :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, the rate that I'd raise magnesium depends on its purity. 25 ppm per day is a good start for materials you have not used before.

Be warned, the James planted tank calculator will underestimate the magnesium boost by close to a factor of 2 since the Brightwell product is anhydrous and the calculator is for a hydrate.

Back