Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trim the big toe off last time?

;Troll:p:D
HA! I was waiting for someone to catch that....That is a lawnmower accident from 2015. I got in a fight with the lawnmower, and it won.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! I was waiting for someone to catch that....That is a lawnmower accident from 2015. I got in a fight with the lawnmower, and it won.

That lawnmower blenny must've been HUGE.. never put your toes in the tank!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That cheato is like a perfect Matt, lol
Good pillow stuffing ;) little smelly though ;Yuck;Stinkyfeet;Spitoutdummy;Vomit;Vomit;Vomit

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, changed my lighting up a bit. Changed all 4 t5s to blue + instead of what came with the hamilton fixture which I believe were two 420nm actinics and two 460nm blues. What a difference! My alk and calcium consumption went from 35ml a day to almost 70ml! And my corals really pop under the new lights.
psBhkNlh.jpg

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update, changed my lighting up a bit. Changed all 4 t5s to blue + instead of what came with the hamilton fixture which I believe were two 420nm actinics and two 460nm blues. What a difference! My alk and calcium consumption went from 35ml a day to almost 70ml! And my corals really pop under the new lights.
psBhkNlh.jpg

Tank is looking awesome! I'd say the lighting change to halide/t5 combo was huge!

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous looking tank Crabs! I'm finally seeing some success in my sps frags after struggling for a little bit. I noticed once I stopped chasing numbers, and added a small amount of gfo in a reactor, that my sps are starting to encrust and slowly branch. Right now I'm not consuming a whole lot of alk or cal, and it seems like my weekly water changes are replacing the essentials. Once they grow a little bit bigger is when I will begin dosing. Overall happy with finally seeing something positive sps growth xD

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spent more time reading this at work then I had to give lol... love the 40 breeder and your tank sir.

I started out with my mp10s on the back wall but eventually moved them to the sides. I haven't started stocking corals yet so this gives me hope that I could move them back. You're running reefcrest 100% intensity(anti-sync)?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spent more time reading this at work then I had to give lol... love the 40 breeder and your tank sir.

I started out with my mp10s on the back wall but eventually moved them to the sides. I haven't started stocking corals yet so this gives me hope that I could move them back. You're running reefcrest 100% intensity(anti-sync)?
Correct :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
psBhkNlh.jpg

This picture makes me consider setting up a frag tank with my 2 strips that currently are in my canopy and replace them with 4x t5's

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous looking tank Crabs! I'm finally seeing some success in my sps frags after struggling for a little bit. I noticed once I stopped chasing numbers, and added a small amount of gfo in a reactor, that my sps are starting to encrust and slowly branch. Right now I'm not consuming a whole lot of alk or cal, and it seems like my weekly water changes are replacing the essentials. Once they grow a little bit bigger is when I will begin dosing. Overall happy with finally seeing something positive sps growth xD
After Crabs Mcjones helped me a while back with setting up my Aquatic Life Kessil/T5 hybrid I was chasing numbers too. Then I watched the Richard Ross video about being a lazy reefer and aside from the auto water changer swapping out 3 gallons a day and replacing the consumed chemicals, everything of mine began blowing up too

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Your mixed reef tank is beautiful. How long have you had it for? I got a Red Sea reefer 170 and I’m trying to create a mixed reef tank as well. Following along for motivation to one day have a tank with full of colours just like yours

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acan, zoa, torch, and dew other just unsure of the names. Running 1 Ai prime HD, salinity 1.027 nitrate 50ppm temp 78
What settings do you have the prime at?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back