Crab's 75 Gallon Reef/Dragon/Snake Tank Car Repair Thread

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i know wide ranges , i prefer a little higher alk 8-9 spot on everything else jmo

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here we are. At the end of the ride. Every roller coaster has to come to an end, right?
After experiencing my second die off I've decided to call it quits. I cannot afford to throw any more at this tank trying to get it to thrive like the 40B did.
After much deliberation, and talking with my wife, weve decided to take a break. Going to go back to lizards and get myself another beardie. I'm good at that.
I'm sure you're all wondering if I'll still be around here and the answer is yes absolutely.
Yall cant get rid of me that easily, and I'll let you in on a little secret, there are several mods without tanks ;)
I posted fish but if theres anyone interested in equipment let me know.

Thanks ya'll

Crabs

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad news Mayor Crabs but I respect your decision. I am sure we all do. Wishing you nothing but the best brother.
Thank you very much. I sincerely appreciate that.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
major bummer,glad you will be hangin with us ,coming from a" newbee here",seems like 2nd home ,best wishes,need a hook up on reps pm me ,see you soon

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here we are. At the end of the ride. Every roller coaster has to come to an end, right?
After experiencing my second die off I've decided to call it quits. I cannot afford to throw any more at this tank trying to get it to thrive like the 40B did.
After much deliberation, and talking with my wife, weve decided to take a break. Going to go back to lizards and get myself another beardie. I'm good at that.
I'm sure you're all wondering if I'll still be around here and the answer is yes absolutely.
Yall cant get rid of me that easily, and I'll let you in on a little secret, there are several mods without tanks ;)
I posted fish but if theres anyone interested in equipment let me know.

Thanks ya'll

Crabs

I have been in the same spot a couple times crabs and sometimes it’s best to just step back for a while. I would suggest hanging on to some of your equipment as most likely you will be drawn back to the abyss at some point ;) The last major exit for me I sold and gave away almost everything, when I returned to the hobby I was really wishing I had just put some things in storage, so was my wallet!

Don’t tell anyone but I really like lizards better than reef tanks anyway ;Troll

7D257A1E-59FF-47CF-AC55-D83C502DCF3D.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont blame you, I have a bunch of work to do, getting the boat and fishing gear ready for spring and the tank had to be done first. I was thinking how nice would it be to not have that burden. :rolleyes:
I tossed a bunch of stuff when I did a spring cleaning, I said, never again. A few years later, I forgot what I said.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crabs!!!!!!! ;Sorry

How about a FOWLR???

When i sort of gave up on my reef because i knew i was moving/going to upgrade my equipment in the future, i went fowlr. So glad i did! Super easy, there's amazing fish that you can't get in a reef, and it's still show piece worthy

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a 6 year break, im actually kind of glad i did, I was single worked all the time so it became more of a bother. I found that when i came back i was no longer single, but married and working from home most the time again. more patient and found i actually enjoyed the research again. My wallet wasn't happy, either was the wife at the beginning lol. but eh im glad i came back to it. Really all it took was a macro shot of a frag of beach bum and BAM i was hooked again. Im glad you will be around still, good knowledge and support from reefers you know you can trust to give solid advice is a tough thing sometimes, so to lose one is a tragedy.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back