Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.. what a bummer...

However, u now have more time to convince the bosswife that the replacement wasnt in stock and they are recalling the 75g's, and u were lucky enough that they offered to replace it with a BIGGER one!!!

:D
You're so mischievous...I LOVE IT!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're so mischievous...I LOVE IT!

muhaha.gif

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the fish store emailed me back. We are good to go. Unfortunately it's another 120 miles round trip. But it's taken care of. Going to let me check the other tank for tempered glass. If it is I'll get the reef ready and drill a separate return and use the two holes in the overflow for my Herbie style setup.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the fish store emailed me back. We are good to go. Unfortunately it's another 120 miles round trip. But it's taken care of. Going to let me check the other tank for tempered glass. If it is I'll get the reef ready and drill a separate return and use the two holes in the overflow for my Herbie style setup.

Man, I hate to read of this happening.

Sounds like they've got your back on the problem though.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that Crabs. When I purchase the 75g Aqueon at Petco I find out later that the whole tank was tempered. I'm glad I didn't drill the tank. I will get the Marineland brand at Pet Supermarket that by the manufacturer only the bottom is tempered. Hope you can solve the problem.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a bummer, sorry to about the troubles. But I'm glad to hear your getting another crack at it. :)
Please dont mention crack, chipping, shattering, breaking in here ever again. My PTSD is kicking in lol

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I dont know that I'd do a replacement though. The 75 is suppose to be tempered bottom only, but this one is tempered all around and I want to drill it. So if they do offer a replacement I'm going to take my laptop and sunglasses with me to verify first
How does that work?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally different but similiar. I used a brand new Pyrex 2 cup glass measuring cup a couple days ago to make ice tea. I do this many times a week but it was a new one. I poured the hot water over the tea bag and boom it exploded glass all over me and the kitchen. Scared me witless. I have recently had brain surgery so my neuro responses are outta wack but I could not move for a few seconds, could not talk either then nearly passed out! No bueno! Stooped glass!

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does that work?

Place laptop in the tank with screen on. Take pair of polarized sunglasses and from other side of glass you turn them and see if the screen blacks out. If it does black out it is not tempered glass. If it doesn't then it is tempered. Has to do with tempered glass having micro stress lines and it diffusing the light.

***Notice*****
Please take this advice as just that, as just advice. Make sure the tank is completely dry and free of any hazardous materials, fish, corals or other livestock before putting in any laptops. It is not recommended to use smart phones to perform this test as OLED screens are not effected by polarization in a lot of cases. It might be smart to wear safety glasses, gloves, and steel toe boots when dealing with heavy objects that can shatter. If you feel unsafe at anytime please stop and PM me immediately and I will tell you that it will be OK.

Tom

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does that work?
If you put a laptop inside the tank and turn it on and look at it from the outside with polarized sunglasses, tempered glass will produce black lines in the glass. Ever look at your cars windows with sunglasses on and see all the little black dots? Same thing :)

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be Careful, On mine they drilled the Reef Ready holes and then tempered the bottom. So, no drilling extra holes in the bottom. Check that first. That is why I was looking at coming up over side. Just exercise caution.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put a laptop inside the tank and turn it on and look at it from the outside with polarized sunglasses, tempered glass will produce black lines in the glass.
I strongly discourage anyone from putting a laptop in their tank without emptying it first. ;):D

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%

Back