Crab's 75 Gallon Reef/Dragon/Snake Tank Car Repair Thread

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's obvious his love of the hobby hasn't been shattered by this. His confidence could have been cracked yet he remains quite chipper about the entire thing. Rather than him being broken, this has made him stronger.

Keep going Crabs!
I couldn't agree with @Brew12 anymore.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We honestly could not do without @Crabs Mcjones ...period. :)

We are more than just lucky to have him, all the members and Staff on the best forum on the planet. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. ;)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's obvious his love of the hobby hasn't been shattered by this. His confidence could have been cracked yet he remains quite chipper about the entire thing. Rather than him being broken, this has made him stronger.

Keep going Crabs!
That's it. Kick a brother while he's down.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it. Kick a brother while he's down.

LOL to the point of wiping tears...he said 'It's obvious his love of the hobby hasn't been shattered by this. His confidence could have been cracked yet he remains quite chipper about the entire thing. Rather than him being broken, this has made him stronger.' I'm gonna die laughing...at least dying happy. LOL

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep going Crabs!
tumblr_pjum1fVUiq1t02f6p_540.gif

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep going Crabs!
So glad to see you spreading the love!

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me, or do you all think Crabs should get some demerits on his man card for copping out on a bigger tank?
If you can get my man card from my wife, you can have all my points ;Hilarious

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just you. After 45 years of marriage and saltwater tanks, I have a different issue.

In 2015, I was diagnosed with my second cancer, stage 4 lymphoma. I had an LFS come in and take all the tanks down and sell everything off. I did not want to burden the wife with that. I had a 50/50 chance of surviving chemo.

Well. I made I it through chemo. In 2016 I was in remission and thought I would put a tank up in my office. Nothing big just a 75G or so.

My wife said no. Now after 40+ years of marriage, I learned the proper answer is "yes dear". She wen tv on to explain that she wanted a big tank in the office, this time with a smaller support tank in the Living Room. Again the proper answer us "yes dear".

This is why the 75 Gallon is in the living room growing corals for larger tank to be started in the office.

The current discussion is how large. But I have the floor reinforcements, electrical, picture window, and plumbing installed. As soon as the new tank is chosen the next phase will occur.

I think @Crabs_McJones is being smart. After the wife sees the niceness of the 75 Gallon, she may agree to a larger tank in a few years. In the meantime, Crabs gets good friendship with his wife. I for one think good family relations are more important than the tanks.

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@JimFuller is your wife more into the aquarium this go around?
Yes, she is, in that she appreciates the decorative and tranquility properties. She wants the office tank to be seen from our back deck where we hav visitors quite often during the spring, summer, and fall. She has agreed to assistance from the LFS, should anything happen to me. It is a very good situation.

Back