Cracked my new Red Sea 350 while transporting it

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dishonesty doesn’t pay off.

I’m not rich, we struggle. I won the waterbox contest in August. If I busted the tank there’s no way I would feel right about saying it was damaged upon receipt. I’d be out a tank, but at least I could sleep at night. My mom works retail and we see people returning “defective” things all the time. Large company or no, it increases cost to the consumers in the long run.

Waiting to see what Red Sea has to say.

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a hard time believing some of the stuff I have read in this post. I hope the original poster does the right thing and is honest about the entirety of the issue. Lying about this is the same as stealing. When you steal in a competitive market place, it only hurts other consumers by driving the price of the products up. @Jon Fishman - I'm with you,buddy. If you call yourself poor, but can afford to have a luxury item like this, you need to sit down with a financial planner instead of flushing money.
I'm not rich by any means, but I will not sit idly by while someone decides to imply theft because someone else is successful in life.

Some folks should be ashamed of themselves.

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not ashamed at all... the price will go up anyway. someone else will do it in his place.. yes its stealing but he doesnt risk jail or persecutions.. the worst they will do is say no.. and thats it.. read my first post i just mentionned this idea since he told us he doesnt have money for another tank.. and i told him to not do it ... we are just talking ideas its a public forum

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i work in retail this happens alot more than you think and its not fraud.. its just part of the loss process at the end if the company still makes money, they dont care ..profits its all that matters and red sea is a multimillionaire company so dont worry for them.. just get this straight i shared an idea with warning to not do it.. im an honest person in real life dont bash me for something i told to not do

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i work in retail this happens alot more than you think and its not fraud.. its just part of the loss process at the end if the company still makes money, they dont care ..profits its all that matters and red sea is a multimillionaire company so dont worry for them.. just get this straight i shared an idea with warning to not do it.. im an honest person in real life dont bash me for something i told to not do
I didnt not bash you. I was stating what others were thinking- the same as you. After all; it's a public forum.

OP
OP
Nano Gabe

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys no worries when I spoke to the Red Sea representative I already explain the situation that I broke the tank. I wouldn’t feel right about lying. I’m sure that when I hear back from the supervisor we will be able to come to a good conclusion.

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys no worries when I spoke to the Red Sea representative I already explain the situation that I broke the tank. I wouldn’t feel right about lying. I’m sure that when I hear back from the supervisor we will be able to come to a good conclusion.
Good, im happy you didnt follow my advice :)

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they fixyaup with a good deal on a repair/replacement. When I read the first post I could feel the pit of my stomach in sympathy pain. Ive experienced the same with a larger purchase before; bought a new TV and didn't get the Best Buy ext warranty...dropped it when we went mount it on the wall bracket....and thats when plasma flat panels were still fairly new to market $**** ouch!!!!! Praying RS will help you out. Let us know what they say, may sway me to go with RSR over Waterbox for my office tank build. Although its not their fault, it'd show they have compassion as a company.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they fixyaup with a good deal on a repair/replacement. When I read the first post I could feel the pit of my stomach in sympathy pain. Ive experienced the same with a larger purchase before; bought a new TV and didn't get the Best Buy ext warranty...dropped it when we went mount it on the wall bracket....and thats when plasma flat panels were still fairly new to market $**** ouch!!!!! Praying RS will help you out. Let us know what they say, may sway me to go with RSR over Waterbox for my office tank build. Although its not their fault, it'd show they have compassion as a company.

Going through some things not too long ago, I came across the receipt for a Sharp Aquos 37” LCD 720p tv. $1,799 plus the $250 for added warranty protection (which is funny because it still gets daily use)

My oh my, how far we have come. I remember the 9 or 10 inch OLEDs they had at the Sony-Style stores in maybe the late 90’s early 2000’s that were several thousand dollars!

I use to be quite the early adopter but now I just watch Netflix and pour all of my electronics money into the ocean in my living room!

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not here to judge you, just want to clarify that it is indeed fraud.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i totally agree it is.. but its done everyday everywhere by alot of people and neither you or me cant do nothing to stop them

Once again still not judging, but what we can do is avoid committing fraud/theft ourselves as well as avoid recommending others commit fraud/theft. The world only gets better if we choose to make it better.

ReefBonanza

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again i agree with you, but since i work and see this daily i just shared what i tought maybe would help him since he said he didnt have money for a second tank but i never encouraged or recomended him to do it..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once again i agree with you, but since i work and see this daily i just shared what i tought maybe would help him since he said he didnt have money for a second tank but i never encouraged or recomended him to do it..

I guess I'm judging but I'm not bashing. Most everyone here 'works'. And working means some sense of loyalty to the people you work with/for. When you say 'you see it every day - and it doesn't matter' - I think thats faulty logic. As many have said - this is one of the reasons that many companies have raised prices - and require various steps to go through to return things (hurting everyone) - is because of dishonest people who try to wear the dress once and then return it, etc etc. Not to mention outright theft.

Red Seas aquaria (the way they are shipped) - are in a wooden crate - very well protected - and my guess is that you would run into significant problems if you tried to claim corner damage like that in any case.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Seas aquaria (the way they are shipped) - are in a wooden crate - very well protected - and my guess is that you would run into significant problems if you tried to claim corner damage like that in any case.

Actually that was not the case with my Reefer 250 which was shipped in 3 thick cardboard boxes with tons of styrofoam inside and loaded on wooden pallets. The box for the sump was placed inside the glass tank. As you can see the exterior of both boxes for the glass tank and the cabinet were damaged in transit and they had to replace my cabinet after opening that box and inspecting it because the forklift went right through the side of the cardboard while attempting to lift the wooden pallet

IMG_9682.JPG

IMG_9593.jpeg

IMG_9681.jpeg

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I called back Red Sea again came to the conclusion of a discounted rate overall satisfied with the customer service although i was not able to speak to a supervisor again.
That's a pretty good deal! Cant argue with those results

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back