Cream City Pinky and Miss Scarlett

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for any pointers on these two, been about 2 years and the cream city grows like crazy but pretty much a light brown under 250w MH 14K (the blue is the cheap camera pic), the Miss Scarlet just will not grow but has an awesome red color. Cream City in pink box, Scarlett in the Red one. I will be moving to LEDs at some point but when I returned to reefing after a decade plus I went with what I knew. Thanks for any ideas to color it up or gain some growth on the other. You can see the upscales microclados that took off as well in the pic.

IMG_0044.PNG

FishDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could switch to 20k MH also MH and T5 is a nice combo. I use a cebu sun Hamilton fixture with 250w 20k, T5 ATI blue+ LEDs take less power, and MH/T5 bulbs should be changed out at 8-10 months. You can visually tell the difference the spectrum has changed at this point from the older bulbs to new. MH still gives the best growth and great color. Personally, I dont like the overly blued out look that most feef tanks have. I doesn't look like a natural reef. The 20k look is a good middle ground imo. Pro and cons, based on presence.

Back