OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update from this experiance. I did manage to get rid of the palys in that spot but lost about 6 corals and 2 fish doing it :(. 2 corals where colonies i have grown for years and one of the fish was one i have had for over 10 years. Learned the hard way. it happens i guess. As far as palytoxin everything was ok. i did get a reddish rash on my arm that itched but went away within 2 days, I'm guessing it was palytoxin on the skin reaction. I will be way more careful in the future or just leave alone. thanks everyone!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing i can say is, the F-aiptasia must not have been mixed correctly because after 10 minutes or so...the deposits should harden over.
I have f-aiptasia mounds still left in my tank months later and I have fairly high flow.
Theyre hard calcified deposits.

Or....the palys stocks were too tall for the paste to reliably bond and stay put.
Aiptasia and majanos are closer to the rockwork and the rocks help the paste stay bound to the nems via the surrounding rocks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no clue, i was wondering if i used to much and caused my alkalinity to shoot up???? by the time i noticed an issue i started doing water changes. i changed out 75% of the water in 2 days. then did small water changes the next few days. by the time i actually checked parameters they where all close to what they where before, all maybe slightly higher so not sure.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no clue, i was wondering if i used to much and caused my alkalinity to shoot up???? by the time i noticed an issue i started doing water changes. i changed out 75% of the water in 2 days. then did small water changes the next few days. by the time i actually checked parameters they where all close to what they where before, all maybe slightly higher so not sure.
Ive used half a bottle before in my 40g.
Ive never had it sluff off the spots i put it since it hardens unlike aiptasia X which doesnt harden.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this f-aptaisia lands on other corals, it does in fact burn them too. The directions say to blow it off(right away) if it does land on something you want to keep.
Sorry for your troubles.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back