Credit card hack at live aquaria?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone remember getting a notice from live aquaria that your data may have been stolen?

I bought something from live aquaria last week and the next day I found multiple fraudulent charges on my card. I now seem to remember getting a notice from them that they had a data breech a while back, but I saw no fraudulent charges then, so I ignored it. I can't find the notice now though, and I can't remember if it was an email or something else. It may just have been my imagination or I may be getting it confused with a notice from another company.

My bank took care of it, so it's just an inconvenience of not having my card for a few days, but I'd still like to know. If they were hacked long ago and it's still going on, that's a problem.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@pseudorand Good morning. We are sorry to hear that you have experienced fraudulent activity with your credit card. You did the right thing in working with your financial institution. We are uncertain of an email or other communication that your referenced, as LiveAquaria has never had any security or data breach impacting customer purchases. Please reach out to us directly if you have any further questions or concerns. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back