CTARS Tank of the Month Open for Nominations for April

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CTARS Tank of the Month

We’ve finally decided to bring back the Tank of the Month to CTARS! However, the rules are different this time so, everybody read carefully and get ready for some great times and some fantastic tanks! We can’t wait to get this rolling…

RULES

• Starting at 12:00 midnight on the first day of each month and ending on at 11:59pm on the seventh day of each month, everyone that is a member in good standing of CTARS will have the chance to enter their tank or nominate a member whose tank they think has a chance to win Tank of the Month by submitting their name and up to two to three pictures of their current tank (within the last month or so) to the existing club President by email. For 2014 this will be Chris Messier[email protected] Please title the email as Tank of the Month Entry

• If there are no photo’s to submit, don’t fret! This isn’t a photo contest!

1.We can send one of our three photo volunteer’s to take photos.
2.If they are nominated member, the President will contact the member to first see if they will accept the nomination first and then see if they have any photos of their own to submit.

• Only five members that enter each month will be considered. These will be chosen by a separate CTARS member judge after all the photos have been submitted.
• The photos will be uploaded to a private CTARS Photobucket account where three CTARS member Judges will then have three to five days (depending on our current schedule of events) to go over each of the tanks submitted.

• Judging will be based on a point category and point system. The categories are:

I. Aquascaping
II. Creativity
III. Color
IV. Overall Tank Appearance

The judge can score up to ten points in each of these categories. Whoever’s tank reaches a score closer to, 120 is that month’s winner of CTARS Tank of the Month.

Winners will be announced at the next meeting along with a brief introduction, of them, and their tank. If needed and accepted, our volunteer photographers will come out and take photos of their tank. Winners will also be announced on Reef Central on a locked sticky as well on the CTARS website.

Multiple tank owners can only enter and win once per year so, be sure to enter your best one!!

A small prize or gift certificate will be awarded to the winner.

So, remember…this isn’t a photo contest!! Don’t be shy with your crappy photos! We’ll work around it!

Don’t forget, FOWLR tanks are welcome to enter too! Bring on the color!

You can nominate anyone! We will contact them to see if they accept your nomination. Just don’t be offended if they don’t…

Any size tank can enter! 1 gallon to 1 million is fine!!

Have LOTS of fun!!!
boldblue.gif

This months winner will be awarded a gift certificate from this months sponsor Affordable Aquatics!

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you who nominated in the thread I did not send a message. However there seems to be a lot of nominees this month :) the nominees for this month have just been notified. Thank you all for your participation.

you have to understand that my email has been getting a lot more attention then this forum :-(

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back