OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the chaeto setup finished! Put on a baseball sized piece for overnight. Already the size of a softball/football. Cleaner water and infinite pods here we come! Not at home so I took a screenshot of my tank nanny cam lolol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105_115914_eufy Security.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105_115914_eufy Security.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 50

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He lives on the dinner plate sized toadstool most of the time. The lawnmower blenny will occasionally try to punk him, but he seems to live a pretty good life.

Mine likes to bury in the hammer coral. Sometimes he looks like he's surfing on it!

Mine is also a little stinker. A year or so ago, before I outsmarted him and blocked his access, he ended up in my sump TWICE. The first time, he was missing for several weeks before I saw something moving in the sump. I had searched everywhere, including the overflow chamber, and never dreamed he would be in the sump! No telling how long the little stinker went without food. After I put him back in the tank, he did it AGAIN! This time I immediately looked in the sump and there he was. I finally installed some mesh with zip ties and he's behaved ever since.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a little shade to keep the tank dark. The fish seemed to be getting stressed. Also the chaeto has already grown 2-3x in size and is nice and fluffy and bright green.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_022300_eufy Security.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_022300_eufy Security.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 2 maxi mini carpet anemones. One is the standard multiple shades of purple and white with a green rim which I've always loved, but the other one is amazing. It's got a purple mouth, greenish white lines coming from the center, and then a cascade of yellow to orange to reddish-purple with a green rim. It looks like a sunset. I love it a lot. They are all settled in and will snap a pic when I get home

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested to make sure my auto-feeder was working yesterday. It is which is good. Going to set up a 3 a day pellet feeding schedule once I've added 3x lyretail anthias.

Does anyone have a pellet they've found doesn't float at the top? I struggle because when the pellets fall they just sit on top and a quarter to half end up in an overflow. I am using nls pellets.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a pellet they've found doesn't float at the top? I struggle because when the pellets fall they just sit on top and a quarter to half end up in an overflow. I am using nls pellets.
I throw mine in a shot glass of tank water to let them soak and sink first; it helps a lot.

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I throw mine in a shot glass of tank water to let them soak and sink first; it helps a lot.
I appreciate the info. This is actually my strat too, but with the autofeeder the goal is to have it go off every 4 hours while lights are on and I'm not there to mix the water with the pellets. I did some research and bought a feeding ring to see how that goes

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. Especially like the blue flasher. Beware of the maxi minis, they will catch small fish. I had one eat a large blue devil damsel.
I've heard of this happening, but I had a few in my old tank for several years and never lost a fish to one. I wonder what causes it

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a trio of female lyretail anthias yesterday. Got 2 eating live brine yesterday. The third started voraciously eating live brine today. All swimming and healthy.

Will post pics later. Girlfriend and I went on a road trip to go to a Friday the 13th themed haunted house for her birthday in the middle of nowhere and are on the way home from that now lol

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're hard to photograph swimming around lol and the main lights are off. They seem to love getting cleaned by the cleaner shrimp which is cute also they spend a lot of time with the midas blenny
20230115_002604.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back