Cube of Doom, Tank of Terror, something like that

AquasKy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very lovingly call these my water monsters!

This 20 gallon tall is home to my coral banded shrimp, Peppermint, Rainbow Dash a neon dottyback who originally belonged to my niece, and an emerald crab we call Eugene.

I refuse to stick my hands too far in there with any of them, not that they would hurt me or anything, but Rainbow Dash likes to try to steal anything I poke in the tank like pipettes to feed to corals, tweezers to pull stray algae bits and when she is really feeling spicy, my gloves finger. Peppermint likes to poke me with his antenna which is just unsettling when you don’t expect it. And Eugene… his legs bring to mind the hairy hands and talons of a childhood monster under the bed so that’s a big NOPE!

As much as they freak me out, I do love them though and after being gone for a week on vacation, their home was in desperate need of some love.

I decided I’d use this opportunity to finally post on the member page with my build for everyone to see.

I’m hoping to switch out the HOB filter to a canister and add a HOB refuguim in the near future and would love some recommendations on good brands and models and what not!

OP
OP
AquasKy

AquasKy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely invest in a pair of long cleaning gloves or grabbers if you don’t like putting your hands in the tank. You can’t own a saltwater tank and not get your hands wet lol.
Oh the hands definitely still get wet, lol.
I think you can see my one hand is gloved this time but mostly because I have a cut on that hand right now.
They may give me nightmares sometimes but like I said I do love them and I’ll do what I have to to take proper care of them. Even if that means my bare hands go in haha.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh the hands definitely still get wet, lol.
I think you can see my one hand is gloved this time but mostly because I have a cut on that hand right now.
They may give me nightmares sometimes but like I said I do love them and I’ll do what I have to to take proper care of them. Even if that means my bare hands go in haha.
Oh I see now. I know lol. Welcome to hobby haha. Hands will get wet and floors too…hopefully not flooded though.

OP
OP
AquasKy

AquasKy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally invested in a camera lens clip and coral lenses for my phone.
I’ll be taking some videos and pictures with it a little later but took a couple vids of my coral already to test them out.
The main reason I’m going to dump them here for y’all is because I’m actually really impressed with these lenses. I had my doubts since I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, with the three cameras, and worried the clip wouldn’t be able to accommodate all of the cameras the way they are set up on the iPhone 11 Pro Max.
However, the set came with two different clips and the open clip fits perfectly around all the cameras and I haven’t noticed any distortion so far but I haven’t really gotten too in depth with them yet. I can just tell already I don’t regret the Amazon purchase, the little clips I took definitely proved to me this little kit’s worth.

Weramics Coral Lens Aquarium Reef Filter Lens Kits for Phone 8 Coral Lenses Kit 1 Dust Cover Case 2 Reef Lens Clips https://a.co/d/bx0UrBu

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back