CUC ate all the algae in my tank.

Steve_Skullsplitter0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys,

So i have a 40 gallon quarantine tank with a urchin, one crab, one peppermint shrimp, 3 trochus snaills and 60 frags. Plus one rainbow BTA and mated pair of clowns....my problem is CUC have eatin all the algae in the tank... i started feeding API algae wafers but noticed copper sulfate and soduim phosphate on the ingredients list...
Should i be concerned about this and what are all of feeding your CUC.

In the last 2 weeks i've lost 1 snail and 2 crabs.

I also have the frozen multi pack, reefroids, and API flake foods.

Im feeding flakes twice a day frozen once and reefroids every other day. Plus i just started the wafer which the crab went straight for.

Thanks for your input.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some pellets, I use formula 2 which is for herbivores I used to be concern about the food that felt down to my gravel but I have an active CUC they are on the job right away

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just go to the grocery store and get some NORI. It's in the Chinese food section. It's the seaweed wrap that's put on sushi. Cheap and they all love it. Sometimes I tuck a little piece under the corner of the urchin when it's in a good viewing location and watch it's mouth parts work at it. It's a neat party trick! Lol. Just stick some little 1" squares in holes in the rocks. They'll find it.

OPtasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nori tends to disintegrate in the tank. If your animals don't eat it immediately, it's gonna flake apart. The Two Little Fishies seaweed veggies are thicker and easier to work with.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back