Cuc for algae, no snails.

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant have snails in my tank for awhile because I just found out I have pyramid snails and they killed a few of my snails already. I have a few emerald crabs and tangs already but what else can I put in my tank that can get rid of very light dusting of gha? Hard to scrub them off and tangs don't really help because gha is so short. Usually my snails keep my rocks clean but now what else can I use? Just started my chaeto reactor again but then i could never keep chaeto alive. Po4 @ 0.02 (hanna ulr) and no3 somewhere between 0-5 using salifert.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant have snails in my tank for awhile because I just found out I have pyramid snails and they killed a few of my snails already. I have a few emerald crabs and tangs already but what else can I put in my tank that can get rid of very light dusting of gha? Hard to scrub them off and tangs don't really help because gha is so short. Usually my snails keep my rocks clean but now what else can I use? Just started my chaeto reactor again but then i could never keep chaeto alive. Po4 @ 0.02 (hanna ulr) and no3 somewhere between 0-5 using salifert.
Sea hare

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second a tuxedo urchin. They don't need GHA, they'll eat coraline, film algae, red turf algae - pretty much whatever is growing in the rocks. They're unrivaled algae eating machines - and they leave behind rock that is CLEAN and BARE. just amazing to me.

OP
OP
Technewb

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second a tuxedo urchin. They don't need GHA, they'll eat coraline, film algae, red turf algae - pretty much whatever is growing in the rocks. They're unrivaled algae eating machines - and they leave behind rock that is CLEAN and BARE. just amazing to me.
Im trying to grow the few amount of coraline algae that I have on my rocks. If it comes down to it and I have no other options I most likely will have to get one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back