culturing rotifers

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The culture my mom had was more like 3-4 gallons. They sell rotifeast, which is a refridgerated, dead rotifer culture to be fed to your tank, so I would imagine you could probably freeze the coffee filters, and use those later? Of course, you know what assuming does too :)

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would probly work but paul is trying to feed live to his tank not frozen but you could allways sell the frozen left overs that way there is no waste .

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Matt, that's the info I was looking for. I was trying to find out what I could do with the rotifers that I did not feed to the tank if I was thinning out more than I could feed my tank per day. If I could freeze and then use later or give to someone else to use. I just don't like throwing things away......ask my wife she'll say I save way too much crap....:wink:

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahah well if you get them going and your left overs ill take some i dont like to waste ether ask my mom the whole half of are basement if feild with old tanks and rubermaids filled with misc. crap from my freshwater past :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back