cupperband buterfly and yelow tang food question

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cupperband buterfly fish around 2,5 inch in size. I get him from a guy in very pour condition together with a yelow tang. They didn't eat nothing for more that one week and i was sure that they will die. After they start to eat with artemia. Now the cupperband its a lot better and he want to eat all time but only frozen artemia. That's a big problem because i need to go in holliday and i can't feed him for one week. It's a problem because he eat very slowly and i must add a large quantity of food in the tank witch rise up the nitrate in my tank. Overall he look happy and hungry all time. There is any type of dry food i can try to get him used with??
With the tang same problem, eat only frozen artemia and some Ocean Nutrition dry algae (he is crazy about that !!). I have several types of pellets and flakes but he even don watch on this. i suspect him

for lateral disease also but i don'
IMG_1064.JPG IMG_6054.JPG
t have any experience with this...
Same question, there is any successful flakes-pellets for the yelow tang?
Do you think he have the latheral disease?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't see any HLLE. The white mark you see on his body (below the lateral line) is a marking natural to all yellow tangs. It's usually only noticable in low light or when in "night mode".

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank for your answer. That i was afraid, i get this fish 3 weeks before and he was in soo bad condition. Now he is much better and in another 2-3 weeks i hope i can move them to a bibber tank witch is cycling now.
Still wonder, how i can feed them with pellets-flakes?

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That can be possible, for that i place my question here.Llike i tell you the previous owner didn't care about them and his tank was crowded and dirty. I try to save them but i feel that i don't have the knowledge. I'm sure that they are more happy and in better shape that two weeks before. They was the reason i decide to upgrade my tank and a soon as the new 125 galon will be cycled they will have a better place to live. I plan to keep them for like two weeks in a quarantine tank and use some medicine also when i do the change from the smaller to the bigger tank

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else think the CBB looks like he has a bacterial infection?

I agree bacterial infection is likely here.

I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at the pic, but I was looking for HLLE on the tang as the OP had mentioned.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else think the CBB looks like he has a bacterial infection?

I didn't even notice it the first time I looked at the pic, but I was looking for HLLE on the tang as the OP had mentioned.

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What to do then?? Setup a hospital tank for shure. All medicine a have it’s metronidazol flagyl and paraguard from Seachem

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t notice, and I believe you think about that brown spot close the to the tail. I must order some medicine I cannot start the treatment before next week if I cannot use paraguard or metronidazol. I don’t know how long time before starting but I will take a closer look from now on. What you de now it’s bad or just beginning?

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t notice, and I believe you think about that brown spot close the to the tail. I must order some medicine I cannot start the treatment before next week if I cannot use paraguard or metronidazol. I don’t know how long time before starting but I will take a closer look from now on. What you de now it’s bad or just beginning?
CBB are notorious for being susceptible to bacterial infection so I would recommend getting this fish into a QT ASAP and treat with nitrofuracin green for 10-14 days. I know metro is also an antibiotic so if that is all you have and all you can do for the next few days that's better than nothing I suppose. Pristine water quality and high quality foods will also be key in getting the CBB over bacterial infections. The people in the Disease subforum would better be able to guide you. You should make a post there.

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About water quality I try my best. I get this fish from a tank soo dirty that was hard to catch and see the fish. 40g full with soft corals grow every where. Almost no place to swim for fish. Was 1 yellow tang one CBB , 5 cardinals, 2 clown and some other small fish. In 4g!! This kind of people must go to jail.
Nitrofuracin Green it’s not available in Europe like I see after a quick search
What good quality food I he eat only artemia?? Today he was eating like crazy, looking happy, swim all over. I see he search for food all time in the tank but I don’t think he find something. Looks like he have a wish but I cannot ask him what is that

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for feeding something different to eat. try mixing the other food with what they eat now. If you will be gone for 1 week they might be ok but need help very soon after You return. Is another person going to feed the fish while you are gone?
You have done the right thing to try and save the fish !

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About water quality I try my best. I get this fish from a tank soo dirty that was hard to catch and see the fish. 40g full with soft corals grow every where. Almost no place to swim for fish. Was 1 yellow tang one CBB , 5 cardinals, 2 clown and some other small fish. In 4g!! This kind of people must go to jail.
Nitrofuracin Green it’s not available in Europe like I see after a quick search
What good quality food I he eat only artemia?? Today he was eating like crazy, looking happy, swim all over. I see he search for food all time in the tank but I don’t think he find something. Looks like he have a wish but I cannot ask him what is that
If you can't get the NFG then I would recommend doing metroplex, kanaplex, and furan-2 at the same time. But again, people in the disease forum would be better equipped to guide you through treatment. That's good if he's always searching for food, that's their normal behavior. Mine loves mysis, spirulina brine shrimp, clams on a half shell, reef frenzy, but his favorite is live black worms. Are you able to source any live worms? White worms, black worms, blood worms are what I hear people talk about. I just started a culture of black worms for my CBB and they seem to be very low maintenance and reproduce quickly.

OP
OP
dimidragos

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't get the NFG then I would recommend doing metroplex, kanaplex, and furan-2 at the same time. But again, people in the disease forum would be better equipped to guide you through treatment. That's good if he's always searching for food, that's their normal behavior. Mine loves mysis, spirulina brine shrimp, clams on a half shell, reef frenzy, but his favorite is live black worms. Are you able to source any live worms? White worms, black worms, blood worms are what I hear people talk about. I just started a culture of black worms for my CBB and they seem to be very low maintenance and reproduce quickly.
I will start to ask around how can I get this worms. I will like also to start to grow myself this black worms. I will start to research on internet where and how they live
I started a new thread in disease forum and get same advice like you give me. 100% same. I need to order everything in eBay or in order Store. Here in Norway it’s terrible, I don’t find nothing!!!!

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will start to ask around how can I get this worms. I will like also to start to grow myself this black worms. I will start to research on internet where and how they live
I started a new thread in disease forum and get same advice like you give me. 100% same. I need to order everything in eBay or in order Store. Here in Norway it’s terrible, I don’t find nothing!!!!
Right on! Good luck with those little guys. Too cute. Makes ne want to add a little juvinle yellow tang.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back