Cupramine and Equipment

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I had to run a qt system after a move to treat some fish. I treated with cupramine a single time. Is the aquarium, heater, pumps and skimmer unusable now for invertebrates? Specifically coral?

I’m going to mothball the stuff for future use and just want to know if I need to keep it separate from all of my other equipment.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to run a qt system after a move to treat some fish. I treated with cupramine a single time. Is the aquarium, heater, pumps and skimmer unusable now for invertebrates? Specifically coral?

I’m going to mothball the stuff for future use and just want to know if I need to keep it separate from all of my other equipment.

Those are all made from inert materials. You only have to worry about carbonate based material that has absorbed copper (sand and rock). All you need to do with those items is rinse well in tap water and let them dry.

Jay

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back