Curious to What you think about this Rockscape

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to create an open area for flow as this will be a heavily stocked SPS tank. This is what I've come up with so far. Should I scrap this idea and go with brach rock? or maybe add some branch to the current layout. 57 Gallon Deep Blue
Rockscape.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like the three islands and you have great platforms for your future coral. You may want to consider more variation in height between the islands. I think it is a really food start!

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the three islands and you have great platforms for your future coral. You may want to consider more variation in height between the islands. I think it is a really food start!
Thanks bud, in the next couple of days I'd like to bring the center up a level and maybe the rightside up 2 levels. Appreciate the input.

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply.

Looks good otherwise though! Making it a bit more asymmetrical will be more interesting to look at though. If it were my tank, I’d probably just leave the left 2 islands and raise the right one way up.

crabman85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to create an open area for flow as this will be a heavily stocked SPS tank. This is what I've come up with so far. Should I scrap this idea and go with brach rock? or maybe add some branch to the current layout. 57 Gallon Deep Blue
Rockscape.jpg
I have same tank.

crabman85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same tank sps dominated. Which just breaking down getting out

20200112_081813.jpg

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rockscape.jpg
I think it looks good +1 on varying height and slightly raised, maybe just below half. Give you room for growth up but also room lower for more corals

gtrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 height variation. I would also make sure there's room in-between the LR and sides/back/front of the DT. It's hard to tell from your picture. What kind of light are you going to run?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back