Current Orbit Marine IC PRO on 8' FOWLR

TonyD1988

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R, I was just wondering if anyone has experience with using this light on a longer tank. I have a 300 gallon 96x24x30(deep) and wasn't sure if the tank would be left dark on the ends or the bottom of the tank would be poorly lit. The rocks in there go up about 2/3 of the way and don't block much light in my opinion. They kind of go up in a 2D triangle with arches built into them. Once again this is for a FOWLR aquarium. I just want to be able to see the fish very well and give the tank some other colors to make it stand out. Thank you.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no experience, but here's a free bump

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will leave the end two feed dim. Get a pair of 48" lights if you want end-to-end illumination.

You do not have to get anything nearly that fancy or expensive. Some t5 shop lights from a hardware store and 4x marine bulbs will do plenty fine... and you can change the bulbs every 3-4 years, or whenever they burn out, since you are not growing coral. I give my used bulbs to FOWLR people and they use them after I am done with them.

The key to a FOWLR is to keep the N and P low enough so that coralline algae will thrive. Vinegar/sugar/vodka is a great way to go about this but you need a large and effective skimmer. If you get the purple growing, then it will be an attractive tank.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on hanging the lights? Using a tank mount?
Is it going in a canopy? whats Your budget?

it all depends on budget and how much control you want.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back