current orbit

Birdman3611

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about two add fish and coral to my 75 gallon reef. I have a single current orbit led Ic as well as 2 1050 got eflux powerheads. I was wondering what I need to do lighting and flow wise? Do I need to customize the spectrums, how much blue, white, red, and green? What kind of flow do I need? I am going to have softies and lps.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lights will not be enough for LPS unless they are within 12 to 6 inches of the light (and that is with everything maxed out). You will need the blues at 100% always. The par drops dramatically on them as you move away from the light source. I would only keep softies on them (and no high light softies like a yellow fiji leather). and avoid putting any corals in the bottom half of the tank. As for flow, those corals typically like to be swayed around but not whipped. It is easy to see when they have too much flow as lps will deflate or close up (or have polyps ripped off).

Jen1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same on the tank I am working on setting up. I hear they are awful for LPS. But here are the recommended settings from current.

Screenshot_20200619-082650_Chrome.jpg

Jen1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did par readings on mine last night and only got a reading of about 35 two thirds up the tank at my highest rock. I moved my second strip to that side to try and got about 100 par in the same place. I am definately looking into getting a secondary set of some sort of LED strip to run with them when coral time comes

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back