Curve Elite Skimmers Have Landed ✈

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have one. But still waiting on my tank. Hopefully it was a good buy. New - do not many reviews yet
Gotcha. I just ordered the 7 elite. Upgrading my RO eSsence. Hopefully it will be better.

kavcheung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have an Elite 5, its pretty quiet, super light, and can dissemble to really get in there and clean. The only real drawback I have is...it can get finicky, I find myself having to adjust it more than I would like. BTW I've had this skimmer for a few months.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
I have an Elite 5, its pretty quiet, super light, and can dissemble to really get in there and clean. The only real drawback I have is...it can get finicky, I find myself having to adjust it more than I would like. BTW I've had this skimmer for a few months.
Curious to your water depth? Mine was very finnicky until I picked it up to 7 1/2". Since putting it at that depth, runs perfectly pulling either super dry, or wet skimmate depending on how I turn the adjustment.

9secv6

View Badges
Reaction score
Having a hard time with my elite 5. Was in 8 inches of water just kept over flowing on the MIN setting. Then I put it on a 2 inch platform and it still does the same. I know the manufacturer calls for 9.5 to 11 inches of water. Anyone had better success at that height? Mine just doesn't want to calm down unless I have it in like 3 inches of water. Any suggestions???

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Having a hard time with my elite 5. Was in 8 inches of water just kept over flowing on the MIN setting. Then I put it on a 2 inch platform and it still does the same. I know the manufacturer calls for 9.5 to 11 inches of water. Anyone had better success at that height? Mine just doesn't want to calm down unless I have it in like 3 inches of water. Any suggestions???
Is your venturi clean? I find my BM non elite 9 goes crazy like that if it's not clean. Make sure the air line is super clean as well

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
How is the 7 elite working for you?
I love it. It pulls so much stuff out of the water it’s crazy. I am a big fan of it still, I wish I had another for my other tank. Only downside I’ve had is snails get in the Venturi and on rare occasions the impeller which causes it to stop working. I’ve been trying to dream up some sort of snail guard, but I keep drawing a blank. :(
Overall a 8.5/10 due to the snail issue, my reef octopus never had issues with snails in the same tank with the same baby trochus snail problem; but this skimmer pulls much better, darker & more quantity of skim in comparison.
F6BCD978-64D0-403F-A51A-256BE9E7533F.jpeg

Just had a snail clog tonight.. so I cleaned her up, perfect timing for me to stumble back upon this thread.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
I love it. It pulls so much stuff out of the water it’s crazy. I am a big fan of it still, I wish I had another for my other tank. Only downside I’ve had is snails get in the Venturi and on rare occasions the impeller which causes it to stop working. I’ve been trying to dream up some sort of snail guard, but I keep drawing a blank. :(
Overall a 8.5/10 due to the snail issue, my reef octopus never had issues with snails in the same tank with the same baby trochus snail problem; but this skimmer pulls much better, darker & more quantity of skim in comparison.
F6BCD978-64D0-403F-A51A-256BE9E7533F.jpeg

Just had a snail clog tonight.. so I cleaned her up, perfect timing for me to stumble back upon this thread.
You should contact @TheHarold to see if he can make you a guard.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
do you have dimensions for the elite 9?
what do i need to give you to get that guard made?
also cost for guard shipped to 77494 please.

thanks

Thank you @Hemmdog for your review and feedback.

No I don’t have dimensions yet. Someone is sending me them though!

I don’t want to be seen as trying to “sell” here.... if anything, could you message me? I only mentioned it as someone tagged me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back