• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Custom 165-Gallon Tank, Stand, Sump, Overflow, and Equipment Console

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I live in Southern California in the city of Glendora.

I shutdown my 165-gallon reef tank and I'm in the process of selling everything. It's time for my custom-built Aquarium, Stand, Equipment Console, and Sump. The price I'm asking is $2,100, which I think is a good price given the quality and condition of this setup.

The tank and stand were built almost four years ago, and the sump is 2-3 years old. I'm going to attempt to sell all items together since everything is plumbed to work together, but if I can't after a reasonable amount of time I'm willing to break up the package for individual deals.

The aquarium is a custom Eurobraced Crystal Dynamic peninsula style setup with three-sided Starfire glass and a Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow. The dimensions are 72"W x 26"D x 22"T. It also includes a three-panel mesh top to prevent jumper, plus a four-panel designed for inexperienced pet sitters to easily feed frozen food while your out of town. There are some small (1") scratches that I know about on the front and left side panes, but difficult to spot by the untrained eye. The tank is plumbed for a closed-loop, but the holes can also be plugged with bulkhead fittings to run without it. I ran it both ways at different times.

The 80"W x 26"D x 39.25"T Ocean Marine Sales stand is a custom-built steel powder coated frame with a sealed floor pan for the sump and other equipment. It has a small drain hole in the bottom of the pan to allow you to drain water from the pan to a safe location in the event of a small leak. If not desired, you could plug this hole to slow the possibility of leaks on your floor. The stand was designed to be taller than standard stands to allow for easy service of equipment and the sump, plus I had it structurally built to support the tank without the need for a center brace. It's much nicer not having a brace in your way while maintaining your equipment.

BTW: From the floor to the top of the tank is 5 feet tall.

The 45"W x 24"D x 17"T sump is a custom-built Advanced Acrylics heavy-duty PVC sump. Designed for Triton Method, it will still allow for other methods, plus the use of filter socks. The PVC material does not allow light bleed, so if you run a grow light, you will not have coralline algae growth in the skimmer chamber as you have with most other sumps. There are two 4x dosing tube holders (one needs to be reglued), plus a tray I had made for an Alage scrubber. The included PVC pipes and fittings are a setup to mate to the Ghost Overflow via a Bean Animal setup. Once tuned, there is basically "zero" noise from this overflow and sump unless you have your ear right up against it. I do also have the return setup for dual pumps, but this could easily be changed if desired.

The equipment console is designed to keep your controllers organized and dry, while keeping the wiring out of sight, but easy to access. One of the pictures shows how I had it configured while my system was up in running.

For the lucky person that decides to buy this setup, the tank is on the first floor in a room that has a sliding glass door to the backyard, it's basically a straight shot out of the house. From the backyard, there are two side gates to the front yard/driveway where it can be loaded. I would recommend a moving service, but that's will be your call.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions.

IMG_3884.JPEG

IMG_2843.JPEG

IMG_2844.JPEG

IMG_2856.JPEG

IMG_2857.JPEG

IMG_2842.JPEG

IMG_2850.JPEG

IMG_2846.JPEG

IMG_2838.JPEG

IMG_2848.JPEG

IMG_2851.JPEG

IMG_2852.JPEG

IMG_2853.JPEG

Pumps are not included at this price, but we could discuss if you're interested in them.

IMG_2854.JPEG

IMG_2855.JPEG

IMG_3886.JPEG

IMG_3891.JPEG

IMG_3892.JPEG

IMG_3893.JPEG

IMG_3894.JPEG

IMG_3895.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeff_H

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroma & Super Fly, Thanks for the response and compliment. I will be a little sad to see it go, but I know I'll get another one in a few years when the timing is right again.

OP
OP
Jeff_H

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lovemysps00, thanks for the compliment. I really enjoyed the build.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back