Custom AI Prime 16HD Settings (Saxby x BRS AB+) Downloadable Schedule

Pohsible

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a few searches on r2r I was having trouble finding a good preset for my AI Prime 16HD. The consensus seemed to be that people liked the Saxby preset provided by AI (https://www.aquaillumination.com/signature_series/david-saxby). The other popular option was the BRS AB+ setting ().

I decided to take the time to combine the two. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:
IMG_9DED1705CC65-1.jpeg

It is kind of the best of both worlds, I think at least. There is some moonlight and fluctuation going on - which seems pretty cool, right?

Anyways, I have a Waterbox Cube 20g so my tank is an 18" cube essentially and my light is mounted 10" above the water line. I used the BRS numbers at 70% because that is what is best for my tank (mixed tank, mostly LPS and Softies with a few SPS up top).

Figured I would share what I made - seems to be working pretty well. You can download the preset here:

If you need help downloading and installing presets, this article really helped me out:

Cheers - let me know if you use this and if it works for you.

-Bishop

ChiefReef57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After doing a few searches on r2r I was having trouble finding a good preset for my AI Prime 16HD. The consensus seemed to be that people liked the Saxby preset provided by AI (https://www.aquaillumination.com/signature_series/david-saxby). The other popular option was the BRS AB+ setting ().

I decided to take the time to combine the two. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:
IMG_9DED1705CC65-1.jpeg

It is kind of the best of both worlds, I think at least. There is some moonlight and fluctuation going on - which seems pretty cool, right?

Anyways, I have a Waterbox Cube 20g so my tank is an 18" cube essentially and my light is mounted 10" above the water line. I used the BRS numbers at 70% because that is what is best for my tank (mixed tank, mostly LPS and Softies with a few SPS up top).

Figured I would share what I made - seems to be working pretty well. You can download the preset here:

If you need help downloading and installing presets, this article really helped me out:

-Bishop

What do you recommend?? I like your preset but I have a 36in long about 13in depth.

reeferJMX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello OP, I wanted to follow up if all is well with your tank with your custom settings. I am currently using the BRS Recommended for a 36" lenght tank using two AI Prime 16HD (which is just double the size of your cube). You had mentioned that you are using only the 70% intensity so in my application (to meet the proper spread) I have to increase it to 100%.

I am mostly LPS and Soft, with a few easy to care Montipora that I will attach higher up soon using magnetic rock work.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_9DED1705CC65-1.jpeg

-Bishop

Thank you for sharing this! Just downloaded it to try on my OG 29 gal biocube!

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this work out for you on the biocube 29? I just received this light today to replace my biocube 29 stock lights.
To be honest. I can't really say. I don't have anything other than colonial hydroids growing in my tank at the moment. I tried to add a couple corals around Thanksgiving, but they just melted. As soon as I get my 60 cube build complete, I will be moving my clownfish pair and royal grama out of the BC and shutting it down. I do plan to use the Prime on a future WB or JBJ 20 cube build and will use the same light program. The color is great. Even my hydroids pop green under it! But, just to be clear, the issues on my BC are not from the light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back