Custom Diamond Line Elos 160XL / Dreambox Build

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have been a quiet lurker for a few years since my heart was broken and I had to sell my house, move, downsize, and sell off my tank / equipment. What makes it worse was that @zibba bought the tank, sump, and most gear - and he turned it into something amazing. Hats off to him - I have been living vicariously through his posts for the last three years.

However - I am moving out of Manhattan and to to Tampa (for work, again), and so am starting the process up again! I am thrilled. My wife... well... a new house, a new car, and two new fancy purses and I hope she is distracted long enough for me to go into debt to get what I want!

The tank is a custom penninsula style Elos 160XL. The standard tank size was great, but I wanted a better and centered overflow, the diamond line out-flow, and custom stand. I also went with a customized Royal Exclusiv Dreambox 100cm X 60cm sump (Eco-Dreambox, but in white with red seams). Both of these key components are ordered. Enclosed are first pics (note, rotate the "overflow" to be flat on wall versus sticking out) and I hope to catch up to Zibba in 18 months to two years. :)

Build thread to follow - I have already received 18 boxes from bulkreefsupply, 10 from premium aquatics, and a few more in transit from uniquecorals. I hope you enjoy - I am sure to screw up a few things along the way...

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

If I may ask did you just contact elos directly for a custom tank, or did you have to go through a local store?

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When life gives you lemons...

Actually - it is not lemons.

I got the good news that the Elos tank is 1 week from shipping. I also got updates and pictures of the sump build.

20170207_114456.jpeg

And then I got the Royal Exclusiv Newsletter a few minutes later which had this fine baby in it:

(From the RE Newsletter, not my photo)

RE Fleece Systemm.png

Are you kidding me?

After spending all that #$@!ing cash on the Theiling Rollermats, all that time plumbing the fish room (Closet), and then they come out with this? I reached out in desperation to Tosten at RE right away to see if I can switch it and surprisingly got the response back that for a nominal fee, they could do so.

I am / was ecstatic. Not sure if I can post this sort of stuff here, but I am going to have two unused (but plumbed) Rollermats for sale in short order! They are great, but I want it all in one package if I can.

So again, faith is justified - go with the best companies and they provide the best service.

However - now I have to redesign just about everything.

Stay Tuned!
I like the fact that they were willing to work with you! I was eyeing that roller mat Dream box too!

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!! Another Elos build!
Looking great so far. Would love a large sump. My biggest complaint in regards to Elos is the divided cabinet forcing owners to half size the sump.
Eager to read more

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! Another Elos build!
Looking great so far. Would love a large sump. My biggest complaint in regards to Elos is the divided cabinet forcing owners to half size the sump.
Eager to read more
hello , for the next ELOS stand on 160 ;160XL;200;200XL new Stand Open inside , like this you can put a bigger Sump .Or a bashea Sump....

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello , for the next ELOS stand on 160 ;160XL;200;200XL new Stand Open inside , like this you can put a bigger Sump .Or a bashea Sump....

My system has been setup for a while though. Would be hard to swap stands with 1,000lbs of water and rocks. Its good to hear they made that change. I also saw they re-did the overflow. I have been very happy with my Elos.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like the back room of an LFS. LOL! :D

OP
OP
Siasl

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a very long wait, and some initial issues with the first stand, i can finally go back to posting. My frustration level the last six months was sky high, but rather than vent here - I simply did what Momma tells you and (if you don't have anything nice to say...)

I do have to put some compliments out to Elos. Short story is they messed up (well, their stand subcontractor did), and then fixed it with no cost to me and some great customer service from Francois. Lets leave it there and it is safe to say that I hope to have one more tank in my life - and Elos will build that one too.

So... Moving on...

ELOSAmerica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a very long wait, and some initial issues with the first stand, i can finally go back to posting. My frustration level the last six months was sky high, but rather than vent here - I simply did what Momma tells you and (if you don't have anything nice to say...)

I do have to put some compliments out to Elos. Short story is they messed up (well, their stand subcontractor did), and then fixed it with no cost to me and some great customer service from Francois. Lets leave it there and it is safe to say that I hope to have one more tank in my life - and Elos will build that one too.

So... Moving on...

Thank you For that .. and let's go forward with the new amazing Tank..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back