Custom Lagoon Book End Tank Design with Waterfall

Yoosuf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is almost done and ready for rust treatment.

58379653098__139435E7-2CCC-4558-9D71-AE1178E8CB32.jpeg

58379647578__B204D19C-F856-41A6-A250-9B3B092F6E41.jpeg
Should've gone for Aluminum, but looks neat and following the build journey

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the change in color for the finish your wife suggested. A unique and interesting design for a display system. Look forward to seeing the whole unit assembled! Nice wire work too.

00sevenless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! What's the plan for the waterfall portion and avoiding the salt-creep from splashing? This tank is gonna be epic when it's done. . . .

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! I appreciate your attention to detail, even the plumbing looks great!

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! What's the plan for the waterfall portion and avoiding the salt-creep from splashing? This tank is gonna be epic when it's done. . . .
Thanks. I think it will be epic as well. I just hope I don't screw it up to bad. I've been in the hobby for 7 years but this is the first time I've designed and built my own system.
I'm concerned about the creep too. The waterfall won't be too far above the waterline, maybe 3-4 inches above the waterline. Because of the mangrove, I will have a bottle of fresh water handy. I will have to spray the mangrove daily so I would try spraying the waterfall as well. I'm hoping I can rinse it daily before the creep gets a chance to build up. That's the only plan.

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!! I appreciate your attention to detail, even the plumbing looks great!
Thank You! I'm trying my best and that's why it's taking me a long time to put it together. The plan changes all the time because what's in my mind doesn't look the same when I attempt it on the system.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love builds like this that have something new to me in the presentation! I think it's going to look great!
I have a question for you about your return pumps. Are you planning to have your Vectras draw water up from the sump that sits below them? I could certainly be wrong about the pumps, or I could be seeing the photo incorrectly, but I don't think these pumps are capable of functioning in this way. Have you used them like this previously?

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love builds like this that have something new to me in the presentation! I think it's going to look great!
I have a question for you about your return pumps. Are you planning to have your Vectras draw water up from the sump that sits below them? I could certainly be wrong about the pumps, or I could be seeing the photo incorrectly, but I don't think these pumps are capable of functioning in this way. Have you used them like this previously?

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. Planning to draw up. I’ve heard that this could be a problem as well. It’s something I’ve got to work through. I don’t think drawing the water up is the problem. I think starting the pumps dry is the concern. I guess I should call eco tech and get their input before I glue things together.

OP
OP
omar jawad

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if the draw up isn’t possible, I could move the pumps to the bottom of the stand and have the water reservoir moved up. I’ll get an answer tomorrow.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very excited to see what happens with this!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back