Customer Service at Live Aquaria???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order for pods and they had a special. If you buy 3-16 ounce pods from AlgaGen, you would receive a free bottle of PhycoPure. I ordered the 3 16 ounce pods and when I received the order, there were only two of the pods. I contacted customer service and they said that one of the items was not able to ship and that if 75% of your order is available they ship. I was not charged for the pods that were missing and I did not receive the free Phycopure. I can't believe they don't even contact you if something is unavailable when their website lists it as being available. I have made quite a few purchases through them and I can't believe they treat a returning customer like this. I will not be back to do business with them as there is too much competition out there that will bend over backwards to help. They can even keep the rewards that I earned from purchases. I will continue my support of Algae Barn instead.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 75% order fill has always been their policy. They have never notified customer before shipping to let them know your order isn't a complete order.

In your case, you have a argument.
They only filled 66% of your order and sent it anyway.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought of something.
If they want to get technical, all they have to say is...
Your order was over 75% of the dollar value including shipping, box charge and tax.
Would they do that? LOL
Probably.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DED65 We sincerely apologize your order of live food was not complete. While we do have our 75% fulfillment policy, most live food orders ship 100% complete. We would appreciate the opportunity to view your order and reach out to you for a discussion/resolution. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message with your order details/email address associated with the order. We look forward to hearing from you! Have a great day.

Rincon_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order for pods and they had a special. If you buy 3-16 ounce pods from AlgaGen, you would receive a free bottle of PhycoPure. I ordered the 3 16 ounce pods and when I received the order, there were only two of the pods. I contacted customer service and they said that one of the items was not able to ship and that if 75% of your order is available they ship. I was not charged for the pods that were missing and I did not receive the free Phycopure. I can't believe they don't even contact you if something is unavailable when their website lists it as being available. I have made quite a few purchases through them and I can't believe they treat a returning customer like this. I will not be back to do business with them as there is too much competition out there that will bend over backwards to help. They can even keep the rewards that I earned from purchases. I will continue my support of Algae Barn instead.
I had the same issue with them. I ordered 3 fish and a coral from them and the third fish , a goby, just didn't show up. I called and they gave me attitude about it not being on the packing slip so I should have known. How hard is it to give someone a heads up. Just not shipping it is not acceptable customer service in my opinion. Plus the fish showed up cold and super stressed out and I live in coastal georgia. I don't plan on shopping from them again either.

TankYou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me, Live Aquaria’s response and resolution to customer issues has always been top notch. I do however think some of their practices undermine the respect many hobbyist have for them and has probably eroded some of their market share. Not being able to change or modify orders, even days before shipping is strange. Their communication is downright awful when it comes to out of stock items like was mentioned previously. I don’t expect to have to to figure out where my missing stuff is in my order. shipping in bad weather is hit or miss, and i have yet to figure out the advantage of shipping fish and inverts at 1.029, there is probably some science of survival behind it Like O2 sat, but it does add to acclimation stress. I do think the intent for good is there with this company but they seem to need to have to sort some things out for me to think of them as top notch, which they could easily be.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back