Customer Service Experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any feedback on Neptune's customer service? I just got off the phone with someone who clearly tried to push me off the phone. I get people are busy and have things going on with work, however, I just dropped over $2,000 on a piece of equipment, it would be nice to have someone walk me through my problems instead of given the mushroom treatment (keep them in the dark and feed them crap, they will grow).

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your Apex goes wonky and stops working in some unexpected way, the first impulse is to pick up the phone because it's a life and death (for fish and corals) situation. I've done it. But their system is really designed for them to get back to you after you've submitted a ticket online. You'll usually get a canned response almost immediately, which in some cases can solve the problem, and then you'll get a call.

If you're looking for advise on how to configure your system, there really should be a current official all-encompassing Apex handbook we can use to learn and as a reference. Hasn't been a satisfactory one for years. However, in lieu of that, you should consider reading through the Apex articles here written by @SuncrestReef.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service is run ragged because they sell a pretty sophisticated piece of tech to a lot of non-tech folks and thus get a lot of calls. Create a ticket and check their forums is the best approach to getting a problem resolved.

However I do understand getting irked after spending a bundle and feeling like support was just trying to move on to the next call. This is one reason GHL tends to have a better reputation in terms of support.

NeptunePaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you had some trouble connecting with us to resolve your issue. Feel free to DM me your ticket number or phone number so we can arrange a tech to give you a call to sort your issue.

Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have found their customer service, helpful tips and follow up to be nothing but . . . . . .

1611185129923.png

@NeptunePaul

OP
OP
Empire

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service is run ragged because they sell a pretty sophisticated piece of tech to a lot of non-tech folks and thus get a lot of calls. Create a ticket and check their forums is the best approach to getting a problem resolved.

However I do understand getting irked after spending a bundle and feeling like support was just trying to move on to the next call. This is one reason GHL tends to have a better reputation in terms of support.

I get that and I agree. However, if you're trying to build brand loyalty and expect people to pay a premium for a high quality device, it would be nice to provide support when needed.

OP
OP
Empire

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your Apex goes wonky and stops working in some unexpected way, the first impulse is to pick up the phone because it's a life and death (for fish and corals) situation. I've done it. But their system is really designed for them to get back to you after you've submitted a ticket online. You'll usually get a canned response almost immediately, which in some cases can solve the problem, and then you'll get a call.

If you're looking for advise on how to configure your system, there really should be a current official all-encompassing Apex handbook we can use to learn and as a reference. Hasn't been a satisfactory one for years. However, in lieu of that, you should consider reading through the Apex articles here written by @SuncrestReef.

Oh I agree - like most of us hobbyists, I have a ton of coral (over 107 colonies on grow out last time I counted). I stopped counting value bc I'll probably have a heart attack - but you hit it spot on. Would like to feel that my investment on a piece of equipment is protected especially since it's the lifeline to my tank inhabitants.

Thanks for that link - I'll try this out.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any feedback on Neptune's customer service? I just got off the phone with someone who clearly tried to push me off the phone. I get people are busy and have things going on with work, however, I just dropped over $2,000 on a piece of equipment, it would be nice to have someone walk me through my problems instead of given the mushroom treatment (keep them in the dark and feed them crap, they will grow).
Yes- I had multiple bad experiences and moved to different controller.

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Irony... I had an issue with my ATK this weekend, submitted a ticket and got a reply before I woke up the next morning. Few emails back and forth and determined my PMUP was bad so they sending me a replacement. Got a call from Neptune the following day, apparently they had a lot of parts coming over on the the ONE Apus cargo ship, the one that lost 1900 containers at sea last month. Anyways they wanted to know if I wanted to wait 3-4 weeks for a new PMUP or if I was ok with a refurb. I was caught off guard on that one. My experience most places send out refurb on warranty replacements once you are out of that 30-90 day after purchase window. That with everything else going on, that they'd call me and give me the option.

I've had pretty good experience with their support the few times I've had to contact them.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that and I agree. However, if you're trying to build brand loyalty and expect people to pay a premium for a high quality device, it would be nice to provide support when needed.
They don't so much as build brand loyalty as features nobody else has on a platform that is relatively easy to setup. Without a doubt the Apex has more features and expansion modules than anyone out there. They also have power monitoring and power consumption programming something GHL has been lacking for a very long time. Much like GHL they also have lasted a long time with backwards compatibility.

Essentially new controller buyers are stuck with an unproven controller such as Hydros, GHL which has the best hardware but is far more difficult to setup and lacks several of the key features of Apex or an Apex which is the most expandable with more features that is relatively easy to setup. The concept Apex needs good phone support beyond quality forums (the best of the controllers) and ticket system is way down on their priority list.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to know the issue you are having because odds are it can be solved from one of us on this fourm. New apex users always are over Whelmed with the set up and feel there’s an issue with the product instead of the fact that they just don’t know what they’re doing. There is plenty information out there for set up an installation and what not it just needs to be read

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have always found the support awesome..i even got to talk to paul once and he took care of the issue!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%

Back