Customer Service???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I placed an order today around 1:35 EST today and tried calling to follow up and possibly add something. Know one picked up the phone for hours??? Eventually I’ll guess you were closed. Do you have a customer service dept???

Honestly not answering your phones will make me think twice about ordering in the future. :(

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. I've not yet ordered anything from them.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an issue with their customer service. I usually email and get a quick response.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them a few times. So i just found out their cutoff time is 1pm EST. Honestly that is early. Bulk Reef Supply is 4:00pm-4:30pm.
I can maybe get they have a policy, or cutoff. If I knew it was 1pm, I may have chosen not to place an order. That being said, to not pickup the phone from 2-4pm is not very professional. I called a bunch of times and got a voicemail. Could not get an operator or customer service on the phone to get any info.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order from them a lot and they customer service is really good. Like you I’ve wanted to add to a order but all you have to do is add another order. Free shipping is free shipping and getting the stuff in 2-3 days is even better

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site states the cut off time.
upload_2019-7-2_20-43-35.png

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I can’t say anything about the cutoff time, it’s there business, but not picking up the phone and answering a customers from 2-4pm? I called 4-5 times between those hours. Yes and I could have left a message but I choose not too.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they apologized for not picking up the phone. He stated they were very busy and if he heard someone talking on the machine he would have picked up....

This company must be a small mom and pop. I have no problem with that, and now know what to expect if and when in order in the future. :)

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered a few times. Never called, but customer service via email has been fine.

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I place most all my orders with saltwateraquarium.com. Never had an issue. Fast free shipping and delivery with no sales tax is a plus. Other places are great as well but no where near as fast at shipping. As for customer service the few times I've called it's always before 12 and got someone right away and had my questions answered quick.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time I order from these guys. Free shipping even on low dollar items, no sales tax, expedited free 1-2 day shipping on larger items, plus freebies with orders over $20. Had an issue twice with items being damaged by shipping. Emailed them, got a reply same day and they got the replacements out to me right away.

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for this guys. We have a crew dedicated to the phones, text messages, live chats, facebook meesages, instagram messages, youtube comments, email support, web account support messages. We were overloaded with support questions on July 5th during the sale and being the holiday we has to pull some staff off phone/message support to make sure we get all the orders out fast. Sometimes we put too much priority into shipping the orders as fast as possible and phone support can suffer. We are looking into hiring more phone support staff but finding anyone who lives near Gettysburg PA with a reef tank has been quite a challenge.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back